• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sigma Venom 1/2 Wave Silver Rod Antenna

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Hope all is well. I have been offline for awhile.

I had issues a few years (2020) back trying to wrangle in a Sirio 2016 direct from overseas and with several botched packages from the UK distributor ended up with 7/8's of a antenna and literally tossed the darn thing out. I have been off "air" basically since then as far as home stations go.

Today I ordered the Sigma Venom 1/2 Wave SilverRod w/ground radiator for $95 off EB coming from Sigma EuroComm in the UK. I had read prior to ordering this 1/2 wave, that it faired better than the alleged 5/8 wave version.

I will be putting it up on a short painter's pole for testing and use at my new place.

Stay tuned for unboxing, test, and review.

IMG_8003.jpeg

I have that antenna in the 5/8 wave version. I replaced it with a Sirio 2008 and not sorry I did. The sirio has better bandwidth and is considerably less noisy than the Sigma. Don't get me wrong, it's not a night and day difference, as the Sigma talked pretty well for me. But, after changing I did notice better DX receive and xmit. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: CB590
Came in and put up at about 12' at moment to the bade of it. Going to raise so radials are above the gutter and some more. Setup SWR was 1.3-1.5 (ch 40) at 11pm in dark. Going to reset when I raise it up. No worries thats coax to the right and not power and it far over.

View attachment 68718
It will work really well I can say it. I've ran one for a couple of years and when the station goes back up so will the sigma. For the price and what it is, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.