• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SIRIO 27 tornado base antenna

Assembly Photos 1st Batch

During assembly pics...........

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

More to come as I progress..... 73's kd7joe

thanks for the fast reply on the pics . thats the first clear pics ive seen of that antenna . i had thought it was similar to the coily enforcer , but the enforcer looks to be a closed circuit antenna and the tornado looks like it could be a open circuit design . tha coil on the tornado looks to be solid rod instead of tubing . i look forward to more pics ;)

heres a link to the enforcer antenna if anyone is interested ..... its only $500 , or 7 1/2 times the price of the tornado . it should withstand weather that will kill the tornado though .

Enforcer Base

Attachments

• 3f900000.jpg
    3f900000.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3fa00000.jpg
    3fa00000.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 3fd00000.jpg
    3fd00000.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 27
Ok so I decided to put her up on the 60ft tower instead, No reason really other than time. Here I am working my butt off as usual. The antenna is very worthy! On the tower swr sank to 1:1!!!! I do have to say it recieves every bit as good as the maco! And is several steps over the ole a99 outback!
DSC00023.jpg

You can see the gin pole helping me out!!

DSC00022.jpg

Dang the camera zoom works good!!!!!

DSC00024.jpg

Are you serious about Sirio antenna's Junk? what have you been smoking? LOL:)
lol mr doug not to mention pretty much the best antenna out there is a sirio!as for looking at the pictures of that tornado and owning the maco myself which is built like an erector set i must say for the most part build wise that tornado blows the maco out the water lol!

The best performing 5/8 wave or .64 wave antennas have 4 eight foot radials. The Maco V58 and V5000 meet this requirement. No Sirio 5/8 wave does. The only omni directional antenna that can beat ALL of the 5/8 waves is the Vector 4000. Sirio gets a bad rap because of the poor construction quality of this antenna. The fact is there is no other omni antenna on the market that will provide more gain. Be warned the Vector 4000 is mechanically weak but nothing you can buy is stronger in terms of signal unless it has a rotor. If someone tells you differently, the best advice is to try it yourself.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I have one but in cold weather and 46.2 wind it snaped into the plastic snaped in half.They did upgraded it but the coil hums with wind 2016 is best if you are going to get a SIRIO.Hard to find the parts.

That might have been me NB. My NV4K just plain outperformed the tornado at near same feedpoint height of 27ft. The NV4K is 26ft to the base. Don't get me wrong the tornado is a good antenna, but it's not in the same class of antenna as the NV4K IMO. Had both and the NV4K is definitely a better performing antenna hands down!! Again this is JMHO.

That might have been me NB. My NV4K just plain outperformed the tornado at near same feedpoint height of 27ft. The NV4K is 26ft to the base. Don't get me wrong the tornado is a good antenna, but it's not in the same class of antenna as the NV4K IMO. Had both and the NV4K is definitely a better performing antenna hands down!! Again this is JMHO.
Oh, OK, I thought it might've been you. Where was your other post?

Well I ordered the Tornado. I hope I'm happy with it. It will be replacing my antron 99 so I'm sure it will be an improvement. I could not find 1 bad review of the Tornado anywhere. Thanks to the guy for the good pics of it and all on this thread.

Reactions: TheRATT
Well I ordered the Tornado. I hope I'm happy with it. It will be replacing my antron 99 so I'm sure it will be an improvement. I could not find 1 bad review of the Tornado anywhere. Thanks to the guy for the good pics of it and all on this thread.
Oh, I expect you're gonna love it, especially in comparison to an A99.

If it measures right about 22' 4" above the coil connection then it's a full 5/8 & should perform about like a Penetrator, I-10K, Shockwave, Avanti Sigma-II 5/8, etc.
I am very surprised though, that Sirio didn't ground shunt the coil.

If as we read, the NV4K is even another step up in performance, then you have something to shoot for in the future when you grow accustomed to this level of improvement.

Looking forward to your report.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.