• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio Vector 4000 antenna,:confused1::confused1: where to buy?

if youre not in a area that gets high winds or lots of ice in the winter it may not be durable enough for your area . you can build a very very physicay strong version for about $200 - $230ish .

if youre not in a area that gets high winds or lots of ice in the winter it may not be durable enough for your area . you can build a very very physicay strong version for about $200 - $230ish .

Why not just shrink each piece of the radiating element farther into the one below each until the antenna is 5' shorter, then downward drill a piece of solid aluminum rod to fit into the top tube with a 68" Wilson whip and a couple of allen set screws, then adjust for swr & reactance.
I bet that would make it a sturdy sucker in high wind, but might corona discharge with high power in high humidity.

Very interested, where would I get the plans for this?? (just realized this is my first post.....yahoooo!!)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.