• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SkyKing Antenna's

667 chicago mobile

Apr 16, 2005
U.S.A.
How many how of you guy's use SKYKING Antenna's?? The antenna's were made by a guy name Bill Clark and his CB Name is AK 2525. I have two of them. And both BLOW SMOKE.. I like to buy another one. Does anyone have Bill's address.. PLease let me know if you do..
Thank's Tom

I use to talk to Bill and Ted all the time. They made a good quad and a greater mobile, but I know little about the specifics of their antennas. What kind do you have? After they split up Bill had a Website, but he would never answer inquiries.

I've talked to Bill for several years. Bill has moved a few miles away from where is QTH was here in Washington.
He is still in North Eastern Washington tho and he has not got his base set back up yet as far as I understand.

Never did have his e-mail.

Marconi said:
I use to talk to Bill and Ted all the time. They made a good quad and a greater mobile, but I know little about the specifics of their antennas. What kind do you have? After they split up Bill had a Website, but he would never answer inquiries.

The antennas I have is a (2) Elelment and a (4) Elelment.. The 4 Elelment is at my Summer home is Wis on a 100 feet Tower. And the 2 Elelment is on a 30 feet tower..here in Chicago.. Wend I set up the antennas I used a MFJ 259 to set the SWR and both were so easy I couldnt belive that they set to a 1.3 swr.. I know wend Bill talk on his Beam you couldn't get a work in at all.. And talk about Blowing Smoke with on amp at all. I know on my 2 element everyone that I talk to say that I have an amp also.. Not Ture.. Just 45 watt's.. I live to get his 6 elelment beam..
Tom

667, Bill once told me that his beam was pre-tuned. That may be true. You note that you tuned yours with an analyzer. I also understood that all wires were pre-cut and were steel and did not require streaching. What did you do to tune and did you find you had to tune?

Did they both use some device at the feed point to match? Were they the same or different? Can you describe that device?

How did the coax attach to the antenna?

Marconi said:
667, Bill once told me that his beam was pre-tuned. That may be true. You note that you tuned yours with an analyzer. I also understood that all wires were pre-cut and were steel and did not require streaching. What did you do to tune and did you find you had to tune?

Did they both use some device at the feed point to match? Were they the same or different? Can you describe that device?

How did the coax attach to the antenna?

Marconi, I only used the analyzer to make sure that the SWR was what Bill told it would be.. And it was just that 1.3 swr with a 100 feet of coax. The wire Bill used looks like 13 ga stranded braided gold wire. The wire did streach a little. I thought it was copper at first but it's gold.. And the end of the coax goes into a female so 239. Both antennas are the same.. I hope this help's you..
TOM (667 Chicago Mobile)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.