• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey CB Kidd!

just wanted to give you a shout out for all the hard work you put into this.

I've been called quite a few different names over the years for attempting to point out his scammery.

What you are pointing out is exactly what i wanted potential customers of his to know.
He hides behind charging by the hour and tells his customers that he's helping them out by not charging for certain services.

he'll tell them that he did a "fat receive mod" for them, and then tells them that he isn't going to charge them for the parts used. however, his choice to "give away" that mod for "free", ends up costing the customer at least another 40 dollars for an extra hour of work.

he takes an average of 8-10 hours to "restore" a radio. with his rates, that's about 350-450 dollars before any of his infamous "i need more money" speeches.

He didn't used to charge this way, and he changed when he realized that customers where getting hip to his bill padding for things he said were "required".

people started coming to him for fewer and fewer of his "special snake mods", and just wanted their radios re-capped, aligned, and the pots cleaned.
you can see this happening in the videos from a couple years ago.

so when this happened, he found that he was too slow to make any money since it still took him 8 hours to do a radio that only netted him a couple hundred bucks.

he now charges by the hour and doesn't even give the customer a choice in omitting the frivolous time consuming extras he insists on.

replacing bypass caps, re-seating tuning cans, increasing wire sizes, replacing meters that are either working or can be made to work with 10 minutes of work,
disassembling a radio needlessly, replacing parts that work fine in favor of parts that look newer, and most importantly shotgun troubleshooting are all examples of things that customers are subjected to.

LC

Well, just finished watching.
He shouts out worldwide dx.

And... he DESTROYED snake radios.
Absolutely wrecked.

Wow. HIS OWN CUSTOMER!

LOL

So, I saw snakes videos and this is definitely the uncut version.
You can tell.. and because it starts like halfway thru the call in snake radios version.

So he removed the parts where he was trying to justify his fears and hide them and the kid showed it all.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.