• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So I'd like a mobile CB, but I don't want no stinkin' antenna

No need to be assholes guys, I may end up just getting a k40 trunk lip because it has the quick release mount.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Not trying to be an A-hole; just trying to get you to see the impracticality of a invisible antenna.

You can have a $300 radio and a $5 antenna. Or have a $5 radio and a $300 antenna that will out preform the $300 radio/$5 antenna. Why? Because the antenna is the very heart of a transmitting radio and not to be diminished to second or even third place in order of importance. You can do whatever you want with your car and radio. Just don't be disappointed if it doesn't work as you want it to.

Hope you learned that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Nice information shared in step. If you are still baffled, you have a look to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'd like to have a CB in my car, but I really think a CB antenna would look silly on it.

This is what kind of car I drive, cept mine has prettier wheels and it's red.
63396756.jpg

Can you guys think of anything that would work for me?

I wish I could just put a dipole i n the trunk...

get a nice DIAMOND TRUNK LIP MOUNT for a 3/8 thread . its very easy to take on and off and still looks good. **Jump_im**

This post proves I'm either addicted or a redneck because for a short period of time I drove a Pontiac sunfire that I.....Mounted a ball mount to the passenger rear quarter panel and put a 102" on it:whistle: Hardcore or redneck? Call me what you want I GOT OUT!

Hello my name is Tim and I'm addicted to freeband ( as I hear "hello Tim" echo in my head).:LOL:

I ran a 102" on my '96 Saturn SC1 on a homemade truck mount. I normally run a 5.5' antenna but wanted to try it out since I bought 3 for my base antenna project. That thing was in the air mounted on the trunk!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.