• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So Long, Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
Am leavng WWDX. Have learned A LOT these past few years and tried to contribute what I could with my limited knowledge of radios and antennas.

Truth is, I am old fashioned and often find the language and behavior here offensive. I complained to Moleculo about it once but was told, "Boys will be boys." And he's right.

Still, the thread http://worldwidedx.com/threads/snake-radio-customs-calls-out-mikes-radio-repair-lol.207787/
is in such poor taste in my view, I feel it has crossed the line of what's acceptable. It has completely ruined the site for me.

My thanks to all of you who have helped me and shown me kindness during my time here.
I will miss you.

Jim

I couldn't have put it better Capt ! I have only been a member 3 years but in that 3 years I have learned more here than in my 47 years of being a radio operator ! Sometimes something might be said you don't agree with or take the wrong way ! " If You Can't Run With The Big Dog's Stay On The Porch " ! This site is offensive ? Check out some of the other forums ! But River .... 73 and God Bless .

Reactions: silver devil
if you see something you do not like just do not open it up. at least that is the way I am. just do not read the post. you will find stuff like this on every forum at different times.
hate to see you go because you do not like one post that you mentioned. after I saw what it was I never opened it again.

Well, I can see his point. There are certain thread categories that are inputted by the same users, that I just don't read.

It seems to go in cycles. some posters don't post for a long time, and then, for some reason, all of a sudden "they" all show up and have comments about a particular person, shop, ect. It's almost like it is planned;)

Read the first few comments,... and now that I have pretty much figured out the type of comments that are usually made by certain forum users, I just skip certain threads completly.

in fact, I had to pause and try to figure out what "CBRT" even referred to.

Quit frankly, I don't "need" the drama.

That being said, I ain't gonna go anywhere soon.

BTW, just a side comment to the Moderators. so far there are 5 responses to the original post,......... that makes 3 (of 6 total) that didn't like and/or follow that particular thread.

Last edited:
Jim,
AS RS said I just don't read posts or threads from certain members. That said, good luck in the future and take care.
Remember "CB" does not only mean citizen band but constantly buying.

Reactions: 2RT307
Hate to see him go.
I also saw the "offensive" thread title and passed on by. I am way too busy to stop by when it could be a negative read. I come to share, learn, and meet with good folks.
Take care, Riverman71.

Well the old fashion way was study,study and experiment like our elmers did,no internet back them
Get a copy of the ARRL book and have fun at it Sir
Good luck in your endeavors

Well, I slept on it, came back here and found all these comments and have to say you guys are right.

I shouldn't let that silly thread drive me away. Had no business following it in the first place. Just have to remember to use the Ignore Button more often, that's all. ;)

Guess I'll stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.