• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

software defined radio

docrock

Nov 6, 2012
Hello all, I'm looking to add a broadband receiver to the shack and I'm quite intrigued by what I see on paper for the SDR models. It seems like you can't beat the price /performance ratio. Has anyone had any experience with any SDR brands or specific models? I've been looking at this specific model: WiNRADiO WR-G305e Receiver ,it appears to deliver everything in terms of frequency range coupled with a wide variety of additional standard and optional features, I'm just really curious to hear about any personal experiences. How would something like this compare to one of the high end receivers from ICOM or AOR costing several thousands of dollars?
Can one really justify the price of an AOR alpha or an ICOM IC-R9500 which cost 15 times or more the price of one of these SD radios?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.