• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

soldering iron temp

pinejuice

Apr 22, 2005
what kind of tempature do you guys like to set your irons to mod radios..does a variable 5 to 30 watts weller is a good iron to get a job done for my hobby..

maybe i should have said what if you wanted to do a driver and final swap cap resistors or even puting a varible pot..does a 5 to 30 watt weller to suffice a mod or i should get a higher model that has higher heat..i'm new in doing this stuff and dont want to have too much heat... :shock: :D

Hexacon/Hakko/Weller/Ungar/.....the list goes on ......theres a reall good outfit out of Van Nuys or Irvine ....that puts out some pretty good work horses as well / you might try Ebay ....you can fine a pretty good deal on a good soldering stations on there ........oh .....and IM no "tech" ....I would more so like to think of it has a "Hack" but in reality ....an electronic assembler once upon a time ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.