• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sony 2010 in very nice shape

Decent receivers...

Ebay is what makes them resell for outrageous prices.

If it had all original accessories and was in really good shape, I might spend $150 on it.

I see them quite often at hamfests and radio swaps for $200 or less. The ones for $200 are usually in the box with original accessories.

People will happily pay $300+ for them and if that's the only one you've seen, I'd say go for it... but you can find them for much less if you know where to look.

Most Sony electronics of this vintage had chronic capacitor issues that get worse with age. They're awesome when they work... but I won't pay much for them for this reason.

I see them quite often at hamfests and radio swaps for $200 or less. The ones for $200 are usually in the box with original accessories.

People will happily pay $300+ for them and if that's the only one you've seen, I'd say go for it... but you can find them for much less if you know where to look.

Most Sony electronics of this vintage had chronic capacitor issues that get worse with age. They're awesome when they work... but I won't pay much for them for this reason.

I repair many SONY receivers, mainly the SW series and the ICF 2010 / 2001D.... The main ones with the capacitor problems are these, SW7600 (early) SW55 and SW77 along with a few other. Most times when repaired that is replacing the capacitors, these are fine short wave receivers! The SONY ICF-2010 and the ICF-2001D have been rated as one of the best portable / table top ever in the 30 years! I agree!
As far as the capacitor problems, the 2010 / 2001D do not have this in the same way as the SW series. At times I have repaired a few with audio cap problems that came about from long storage. :oops:
As for what they are worth, I would say that depends on condition and accessories. I would say and average price would be around 150 to 200 dollars, barring any Ebay auctions that become bidding wars! :sad:
One Ebay auction for a new in the box and never opened went for 2010 dollars in 2009! :eek:
One receiver I had here for several mods, the owner found it for 12 dollars at a yard sale! :w00t: That is what I would love to find! I have two for sale and I will be asking around 200 plus what I have into them for mods but no more than 250.

73 Rod aka mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.