• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Southern California Earthquake

will85w4

Apr 12, 2010
Coachella Valley, So Cal
Another earth shaker yesterday. I was at work when it hit and it was LOUD! I couldn't hold it back and the words just rolled off my tongue and formed a pretty loud, "OH S#%@!", I don't think our customers minded that much considering they were all in a state of shock just like us bank employees. The shaking was kind of mild at first, but then intensified and that's when the thoughts of, "Uh oh, this could be the big one," and "Looks like we're going home early today!" started popping up. All the liquor and wine bottles started clanging together and a couple fell off the shelves and broke on the floor, boxes of food fell off the shelves. I must say though, Ralph's must hire some ex-Nascar pitcrews because as soon as the majority of the shaking stopped, they were on it like they were being timed, and had the liquor aisle cleaned up in no time. I got on the phone and called my wife to make sure her and our daughter were safe and no damage had occured. She tried to make a call a few minutes after that and got, "We're sorry, all circuits are busy now. Please try your call again later." I had to chime in with a, "Hmm, you wonder why I wanted to get a CB RADIO???"

Earthquake epicenter was about 25 miles southwest of me. M5.4 according to the USGS website. Good stuff there, always gets the adrenaline going.

California-Nevada Fault Maps

5.4 quake creates 'very scary' event | mydesert.com | The Desert Sun

Attachments

• Earthquake.jpg
    Earthquake.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 169

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.