• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Spam Risk

Adopted the habit of letting spammers just ring to voice mail. Occurred to me that hitting the "FU" button creates a network transaction. All networks keep logs. If a spammer can get that log data, it will reveal which phones had someone live enough to hit that button.

If I just ignore a call, my digital footprint is just that one tiny bit smaller.

I don't ever answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. If it's that important,leave a message. If I see the number more than twice I block the call. I seem to get more political calls than anything else though, and I still ignore em.
But yes, seniors are pretty likely a target. My mom got scammed a couple of times but it was caught early enough by my sister to shut it down by contacting her bank.
And the no call list is a joke as well.

And BC Coyote, please pay your fair share to the IRS, someone has to make up the losses from H Biden.

• Haha
Reactions: BC Coyote
When I decide to answer unknown numbers, I hit the mute button as fast as it lets me and just listen. They don't know if it is a machine or a dead line but it seems to cut down on the calls I get. I fear once they hear a real person, it don't matter if they get you or not, they will sell your number to the next scammer.

I don't answer the phone if it is from an unknown number. That is what voicemail is for. The minute you answer the phone, whether you say anything or not, confirms to them it is a valid number and you WILL get more calls.

Reactions: brandon7861
I don't answer the phone if it is from an unknown number. That is what voicemail is for. The minute you answer the phone, whether you say anything or not, confirms to them it is a valid number and you WILL get more calls.
Same here, if I don't recognise the number I don't answer, if no message is left = Blocked number.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.