• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

speaker feedback

could some one here tell me why my external speaker will give me feed back mostly in the early mornings?when i"m driving home from work in the afternoon i don"t have the problem at all.i"m using the external because my speaker in radio was doing it to.

i thought i had the problem cured when i put the speaker in back seat but with amp and 4 batts back there now i figured i"d better move it up front.in front all i have there is radio and meter box.

i mounted the speaker on ceiling,dash,and then layed it on seat next to me.it only gives me feedback with my amp on.its the same sound you"d hear like say when some ones on a stage and the audience plugs there ears.

other cber"s don"t hear it unless my volume is up.i have everything grounded in car.whats wierd is that i"ll key up and move mic around in different places in car and the feedback comes and goes and sometimes gets strong when i talk.

i was told that maybe my headlights had something to do with but i tried it in the day time and no feedback.i have talk back on radio and was wanderig if that has anything to do with it.this is driving me nuts and i know there has to be a simple solution to it.

Morning, but not afternoons, eh?

Sounds like condensation, assuming the radio stays in the car overnight. Moisture can make a dust layer into a conductor, like from the circuit that leads to the receive pin on your mike jack to ground.

Makes me wonder if taking the radio inside overnight wouldn't cure the morning blues?

If I'm right, cleaning the dust out of the radio, especially off the solder side of the circuit board may help.

Just a hunch.

Makes me wonder what kind of radio this is?

well hi nomadradio,i never thought of anything like that.yea,the radio stays in car over night.it would be to hard and time consumming taking it out everynight and putting it back in in the morning.

i have a ground going to it which would really be a pain in the butt to unscrew and screw in all the time.i"m going to change the ground from firewall and put it maybe under a seat bolt.the feedback wasn"t allways this bad,before it was every once inawhile in the morn but lately its gotten worse.

i"ll open up the radio today and check out the area you mentioned.the radio,galaxy 88,is about 10 years old.maybe there"s a film in there.i do have another galaxy 88 thats alot newer i could use but the thing is is that with this amp i had to go in and adjust the vr14 dial to adjust my amps deadkey.

this radio doesn"t have a dial a watt installed like the one i"m using in case the dead key goes a little to far up on radio after doing the amp deadkey.my amp was only deadkeying at 200 to 250 watts and had to boot it up to around 325 to 350 watts.

well,all this is another story.i did have talkback installed in both radios also.i hope that doesn"t have anything to do with it.i sure do like that feature.i"ll do the better grounding and check out the inside of radio and get back with ya.thank you for responding.

i"m getting back with ya after i did some extra stuff yesterday after my last post.i opened up the radio and everything looks pretty good.i ran an extra ground for the amp and i did a better ground for the radio.

i still had feedback.and thats with amp off.i noticed that i really got it when i keyed up to test talk but most of the time i wouldn"t get it.when i key up and get close to external speaker it would really feedback bad.

i ended up putting the speaker back where i always kept it,in the back seat.after that i didn"t get any feedback.not saying its cured just yet.i"ll see this morn.when i go to work.i run a turner 56 road king mic.i experimented putting in the old regular stock galaxy mic for a second and it really feedbacked on me.

this is really wierd stuff.i was wondering if my new LMR400 feedline has anything to do with it.maybe it needs more ground comming from it,like a wire soldered in with the antenna end.i seen a guy do this before.

but then again i don"t have this problem during the afternoon.i might just put my RG213 feedline back in for a test.

The talkback is the problem.....get a switch put on the talk back ...when its off....ur problem stops...when its on??
ur problem starts...
Reason why?? RF just pure RF...

You can ground all u want to and not stop the feedback
with the amp on.... unless the case is lead.... lol

PS you realy do not sound the way you think u do through the
talkback anyway, to be honest with you .....

AM POWER

thanks AMPOWER,i"ll give that a shot.at least i think i can.i had the talkback installed inside the radio with no switch on the outside.i can turn off my audio on this galaxy 88 by turning down the echo dial and the speed echo dial thats with it.

iv"e never tried it before and keyed up.with my batteries and the amp and 0 gauge wire set up in car i had one guy tell me that its a great looking setup and that he wonders if there is alot of rf going through the car.

i"ve noticed that after i got my talkback installed on my galaxy saturn base that if i set to close to radio i"ll get a little feedback.it wasn"t really nothing to talk about but the car surely was more.

your right i don"t sound like my true self with talkback.some people confuse me with another guy i know.well anyway i know what he sounds like and his audio is good.thanks

hey,well that was it :D it was that doggone talkback :x i went inside the radio and snipped the wire the tech used.no more irratating feedback.it"ll take time to get used to not having it.

what else is really amazing is that my radio and amp are swinging farther and better.the deadkey was set at 2 and swinging to only about 6 and now with out talkback it goes from 2 to just touching the strawberry patch.

on the amp i could only get it up to about 1250 watts to just under,(on a good day)1400 to 1500 watts.now its kicking up to around 1800 watts running on 14 volts.you all have been reading and helping with me my problem here and in the amp section for quite awhile.

i sure do appreciate it friends :) .another thing i wanted to let ya know.i ordered a motor maul 400 today.this one isn"t your everyday run around 400.it is being specially built for me.i don"t know all the inside tech stuff to throw at ya right now but alot of the electronics are being doubled and bigger componets then a regular 400.

with this one and with my 4 batts in back i can actually run it off of the 3rd and 4th batts alone if i wanted to.he said if i run it at 16 to 17 volts with my setup that i"ll easaly get 5000 watts.but of course i wouldn"t push my amp like that.i"d be happy somewhere around 2500 watts or so.

he"ll be done with it in about 2 to 3 weeks.a nice toy to be waiting for. :bounce .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.