• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

St. Helena Is - 11 meter

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
A ham op from the island is now active on 11 meter band - 27.670usb
Bruce is very strong on the west coast and EU.

vmt.gif

Ha - Not legal, there are lots of things not legal. I have heard many ham operators do this very same thing in this portion of the 11 meter band over many years, it's not unheard of.
I didn't check to see if he really was a ham or not for I really didn't have the need to - but, by the way he was conducting himself, he was very professional.

He actully lives on the island.

Ha - Not legal, there are lots of things not legal. I have heard many ham operators do this very same thing in this portion of the 11 meter band over many years, it's not unheard of.
I didn't check to see if he really was a ham or not for I really didn't have the need to - but, by the way he was conducting himself, he was very professional.

He actully lives on the island.
lol Yes there are lot of things that are not "legal" but people do them anyway. I guess because I value my ham ticket I am wondering why a ham,any ham would risk losing it just to work 11 meters when there are plenty of other bands to work with far less noise. Anyway it's a good distance contact regardless of the band. Maybe I can figure out his call and work him on another band.

lol Yes there are lot of things that are not "legal" but people do them anyway. I guess because I value my ham ticket I am wondering why a ham,any ham would risk losing it just to work 11 meters when there are plenty of other bands to work with far less noise.
Well my friend w9cll, you may not know this, but I have talked to many hams in this portion of the 11 meters that were Generals and Extra Class op's for many many years. Maybe it's the nostilalgia of it?

Reactions: 1 person
Well my friend w9cll, you may not know this, but I have talked to many hams in this portion of the 11 meters that were Generals and Extra Class op's for many many years. Maybe it's the nostilalgia of it?
Doesn't matter they are still wrong and jeopardizing their licenses but they are adults an they are free to do as they please. A ham ticket does not exclude them from being stupid, professional or not.

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't matter they are still wrong and jeopardizing their licenses but they are adults an they are free to do as they please. A ham ticket does not exclude them from being stupid, professional or not.

AMEN......

I see your from Chicago - I will never forget Chicago, I took a picture of a movie theater in down town showing the movie "Water Hole No. 3" first opening , that was back in 1968.
Also will never forget my adventure into West Side - WOW, don't ever want to go back there again!!
The "Old Town" part was bad enough let along the West Side.

AMEN......

I see your from Chicago - I will never forget Chicago, I took a picture of a movie theater in down town showing the movie "Water Hole No. 3" first opening , that was back in 1968.
Also will never forget my adventure into West Side - WOW, don't ever want to go back there again!!
The "Old Town" part was bad enough let along the West Side.
Old Town area is now yuppie town and parts of the west side as well but the far west and near south are not places I want to go to. Hell who am I kidding down town Michigan Ave is dangerous.

Reguardless its illegal to work him on 27.670 in this country.

Such a Tragedy, he should be hung and beat with a cat-o-nine-tails.

Just another example of a bunch of loser dinosaurs that run a overbearing Government agency wasting our money trying to enforce "rules" ( not even Laws ) that are ancient, outdated, and ( as we have seen before) unenforceable.
To start off, if you go back years ago when the united states district attorney tried and failed to stop ranger from importing these dangerous radios into our country, the judge ruled that the Actus reus was "Mala prohibita" (refers to offenses that do not have wrongfulness associated with them.) Parking in a restricted area, driving the wrong way down a one-way street, jaywalking or unlicensed fishing are examples of acts that are prohibited by statute, but without which are not considered wrong. Mala prohibita statutes are usually imposed strictly, as there does not need to be mens rea component for punishment under those offenses, just the act itself. For this reason, it can be argued that offenses that are mala prohibita are not really crimes at all, and not "Mala in se" (meaning crimes that are thought to be inherently evil or morally wrong, and thus will be widely regarded as crimes regardless of jurisdiction.) Mala in se offenses are felonies, property crimes, immoral acts and corrupt acts by public officials.

Ya I am going to lose a lot of sleep knowing someone is communicating on a frequency declared "illegal" by a bunch of FCC field agents who don't have the training to operate a FRS radio.

Just My humble opinion of course.

Jeff

Reactions: 4 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.