• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stalker ix am/ssb

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
i just picked up a near mint untouched stalker ix with original mic and bracket for £5, the board is pc385ag, i only took a quick look to see if the inside was as clean as the outside and it is, it even smells new inside, i dont remember seeing this board before, it is different to the cobra/grant board as nomad said in another post, are they any good, can this radio be made to sound good on am???

can anybody point me towards a schematic, thanks

bob85 i seen in the tech bench section about have way down under "question for nomadradio or any other" has some info on stalker ix that may be of help?
73,Stu

I know this is an older post, But I had not seen it before. I have two different versions of the Teaberry Stalker IX. The difference in the boards may be related to whether they are an export version or not. I have an export version that has FM and a "SEL. CALL" jack on the back. The export version also has a 4 pin microphone jack. I also have the traditional Teaberry Stalker IX with just AM,USB and LSB and a 5 pin microphone jack. Any Teaberry Stalker IX should sound fantastic on both AM and SSB(Mine Do).

we have the export here with fm and sellcall plus the uk legal stalker, same radio with an oscillator board for our legal fm and proms to display correct channel

bob85 said:
we have the export here with fm and sellcall plus the uk legal stalker, same radio with an oscillator board for our legal fm and proms to display correct channel

Bob, If youre looking for the actual schematic, i believe I can help you out. PM me if youre interested.

I think thats also the superstar FM360 if i remember.

hello cheesecurls i found a schematic and alignment for the old stalker, it has the same board as a president washington, our superstars came in 4 versions, first the 40ch am/ssb similar to madison board then the same radio with an oscillator board for 120ch next came the 5 crystal as we called it with the mb8719 pll, last and best version the 3 crystal with mc145106 pll, all 4 came badged as either cobra 148 or superstar 360, the later radio was by far the most popular ssb cb in the uk, then came the dismal superstar 3900 thats when people turned to other radios as they were crappy compared to the very similar 3 crystal cobras.

Very good :) I have a pair of the export stalker IX's with the boxes the whole nine yards plus some extra parts (mics, etc) My father gave em to me and they are quite nice i must say, back in the early 80s when they came out they were quite unique with FM and 40+40 with a flip of a switch. (naturally we all knew that they were able to do more than just that!)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.