• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STARGUN BASE ANTENNA?

freecell

BANNED
Apr 6, 2005
non-cartesian cyberspace
www.facebook.com
i would like to hear billy or mikell explain that (9-1) 5 element 2 meter horizontally polarized (balanced feed) yagi attached to an (unbalanced feed) run-of-the-mill open-air, coil-loaded element for 27 mhz. the laws of physics don't hold any "trade secrets" except for the uninitiated. as far as i'm concerned the mobile antenna line is nothing but a bad joke. try loading it up on 2 meters sometime.

www.firecommunications.com/stargun/9.jpg

www.firecommunications.co...un/161.jpg

while they're at it, they can explain the #10 model too. i don't know about anyone else but i fail to see how the length of those unloaded elements constitute a resonant array at 27 mhz.

www.firecommunications.co...gun/22.jpg

www.firecommunications.co...gun/27.jpg

"Life is like a piano, what you get out of it depends on how you play it." StarGun Antenna Company

i'm not sure whether this statement reflects their technical or customer philosophy.

even the sounds coming from a piano depend on the resonant length of the wires. someone or something is being "played" and it's no piano.

in the picture including the two of them i'm not sure whether they're smiling because they're proud of the product or they're thinking about what "fools" their prospective customers must be, but something tells me that one or both of them have heard this old adage before........

www.firecommunications.co...un/142.jpg

"a fool and his money are soon parted"

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://b2.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=freecell>freecell</A> at: 4/15/04 11:11 am

HELLO,

HAS ANYONE USED A STARGUN BASE ANTENNA? OR HEARD ANY FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS ONE?

THANK YOU

</p>

I had one

I had a Stargun base ground plane with 6 elements, and it was the worst antenna I ever bought. It doesn't tune at all like its supposed to. It's wasn't designed properly for 27 mhz. No one will hear you outside of 5 miles. The guy that built it in Missisippi isn't honest about his antennas. I also have one of his mobile antennas, and it ain't that great either. The predator 10k gave me the mobile relief I was looking for. The only thing that I would buy from him again maybe is his antenna mounts, which ground very well. BUt once again, his so called "ground plane" will disappoint you. Go with the Imax 2000.

stargunn

I can't say anthing about his base antennas but the mobile I had did a great job. I used his Big bopper II. I never had a problem matching the antenna ran bout 4-5 K all day long.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.