• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stick vs. Beam

a yagi is a m5

08c24ea4b7f64f7e_new_bmw_m5_b.jpg

a quad is a ferarri

ferrari-458-italia-2011-6.jpg

You got me that proves it lol! Peace.

A yagi can withstand a tornado? :blink:

I'm anxious to see how my quad makes it through it's first Ohio winter. One thing I noticed about this one over a couple others is the 3" boom diameter. The larger diameter boom, also allows for larger diameter spreaders, and larger diameter tubing is inherently stronger. It's a simple design with very few parts and I think it'll do just fine, so we'll see.

I also used a three inch boom, 17' long with four element quad. I bought commercial hubs able to hold 2" diameter spreaders. Built like a tank and heavy.

Yagi survive a tornado? Yagi has less wind load than a Quad. I am not a gambling man but I would say both will be destroyed, with the Quad coming down first due to more wind load and surface area.

i agree get both. .if your locals use flatside only and ya dont
talk to many mobiles going flatside will improve your locals IF there
flatside only.not to mention if theres ediots that like to play music
or just keyup and can turn your beam away from that and lose them.big plus in my book
now the only downside is if your locals are in all directions you,ll be turning the beam
all the time.if there in about the same direction you can split the difference
between them and only sufferer slightly lower signal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.