• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stock Cobra 2000gtl "air noise" on tx

Crazy_D

Aug 22, 2006
Got a stock Cobra 2000gtl. When deadkeying, (and the mic gain all the way down, or at any setting for that matter) I get a air noise or whooshing noise that makes me sound like I am in the mobile or something. I tried 3 different mics (and with the Mic Gain all the way off), and concluded that the problem is either in the input mic preamp circuitry, balance modulator area, or something into the AF audio chip area.

Also, accompaning this whoosh noise (kinda sounds like light white noise).... the deadkey wiggles up and down alittle, (it is set at about 4watts). Also, I see a small movement on the mod meter when the mic gain is all the way down.

My thoughts is either:

A) Bad cap somewhere (probably a disc cap)
B) something needs to be realigned or such
C) Maybe audio chip needs replacing or some other transistor

Any thought please let me know, and I will be willing to try to fix this nuisance.

Thanks

check your power supply.... the noise could be a 60 cycle humm coming through.... the variations in carrier power could also be due to a power supply voltage problem.

It could be a few things... first thing to check is the power supply....

I could have sworn I replied to this thread already.... strange

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.