• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STOLEN!!!!!

Oct 22, 2010
Southside of The Bluegrass State
Some crack headed decided they wanted to break in my truck and steal my cb. Luckily they didn't break anything and didn't get the fatboy hiding in the back. Just wanted to vent. I know my luck and skip has probably been rolling good. About three more days and i will have the new radio in hand and ready to install.

Theives suck. Sorry for your loss.

I reckon on the good side no windows gotten broken, then started raining.

Just curious any ideas to keep your next radio from the same fate?

I often worry about this aswell and I dont run the standard CB or 0 meter radios in the vehicles its all HF gear and man do I think about the what if and how I would handle it. We often laugh because my wifes main mini van looks like a government vehicle and may or may not have helped. If someone took her Yaesu 857D I would really lose my mind thats forsure.

Im actually considering putting the older 2970 I have in her van with one of the other 2 meter mobiles I have like the Icom 2200H I have and dont really use being Im not an Icom guy and the wife does not care for Icom either. I will unscrew antennas and put them inside the vehicle to keep the vehicle from standing out or catching lerking eyes if we are going somewhere I feel is not safe.

Vandalism is a vandalism / comprehensive deductible

if you have full coverage it would be 100% covered by your ins. co.
just a FYI.

Vandalism Comprehensive deductible $50-100
Collision Deductible $250-$500 or even higher.

When it happened to me they took the whole car. Sorry to hear about your loss. I have since began hiding my radios by mounting in arm rests or glove boxes. Dremel tools come in hand for this and magnetic wilson 1000 that I remove when parked helps also. It seems if they want it bad enough they will find a way. A friend of mine has a 102 SS on his truck and mounted his 148gtl in the glove box when he parks it he plugs a power cord in the cigarette lighter and has a piece of coax that he runs from under the seat to a visible spot along with the power cord so it looks like he removed the radio. Has worked so far for him. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

I often worry about this aswell and I dont run the standard CB or 0 meter radios in the vehicles its all HF gear and man do I think about the what if and how I would handle it. We often laugh because my wifes main mini van looks like a government vehicle and may or may not have helped. If someone took her Yaesu 857D I would really lose my mind thats forsure.

Im actually considering putting the older 2970 I have in her van with one of the other 2 meter mobiles I have like the Icom 2200H I have and dont really use being Im not an Icom guy and the wife does not care for Icom either. I will unscrew antennas and put them inside the vehicle to keep the vehicle from standing out or catching lerking eyes if we are going somewhere I feel is not safe.

Why not remote mount that FT-857 in a safe place and detach the control head when not in use?

I have all of mine (GRE 600, GTX 900, 857D, FT8900 and Magnum S9) all mounted in or on my Havis Shields radio console. The radios are bolted down inside it w the brains of the radios mounted under the rear seat. The wires all run under the carpet. The console is bolted down from inside the console to the body of the truck. There is absolutly no way those radios could get stolen with out a significant amount of time on their hands or with out makeing lots of noise or damage to the radios or vehicle.. they would have to steal the whole truck. And if they go as far as that, well they can keep it all.. i have 140k miles on it and i have full coverage insurance.

Depending on your next radio and size of it and also the make of your vehicle check out Havis Shields web site. They may have an application for your vehicle. If they do, give them the measurements to your radios and they can make it work for you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.