• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Strange Cobra Antenna

Only seen those antennas a couple times a truck stops. Never paid much attention to them. If you're happy with it use it and make some contacts. Cycle is winding down big time!!!

Iv picked up an antenna, Center loaded Magmount antenna. Its about 63" in total length. The bottom leg is 11" long, and the top wip is about 48" long. The center load coil is a BIG black egg. Its marked with the cobra lable and snake logo on the center load coil. Its all black, and I can not for the life of me find any information on this.

Im trying to tune it to 27.205.. So that its SWR is lowest in the center of the 11m band. Problem is, that right now, the lowest I can get it is around 28 Mhz. Is this a 10m antenna? or am I just not adjusting properly.

@ 28MHZ the whip is too short for 27.205MHZ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.