• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STRYKER 497 CONVERT

nitro

Mar 28, 2009
sc
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CONVERT STRYKER 497.DOES NOT HAVE THE 3 PINS AND JUMPER.THANKS IN ADVANCE

hey nitro ...i don't know myself but this guy seems to be well liked by some on the forum ...its a starting point i guess CB Radio - DTB Radio's Front Page
can't speak for him personally but his name is mentioned a few times around these parts good luck .... i know there is a website somewhere that shows the conversion but i can't find it for the life of me ....ran across it over a year ago or so ....they had everything from the conversion to the dimming of the lights good luck

I haven't had one of the radios without the pins yet but when I get my hands on one I'll do a video showing how to jump the solder points, unless someone else on the forum can do a video on theirs. I'd be happy to post the info up on the site for people.

I haven't had one of the radios without the pins yet but when I get my hands on one I'll do a video showing how to jump the solder points, unless someone else on the forum can do a video on theirs. I'd be happy to post the info up on the site for people.

Was just wondering if you could post up the solder points for the newer 497's. There is no info that I have been able to find for the newer versions of this radio.

To those who have ordered a newer version of this radio the conversion is the same, just a bit harder. The 3 pin jumper has been removed and in its place a very small switching diode has been put in place. All that needs to happen in a quick unsolder and move the diode over and you have converted your radio to an 11 meter rig. I'll try and post up a pic of what we did to convert it for anyone interested.

Its the same spot as the jumpers go here is a before
2012-02-08_06-53-54_978.jpg

and here is the after
2012-02-20_12-50-49_520-1.jpg

Glad to see you got it sorted out and thank you for posting up the pics.

Anytime glad I could finally help out. random thoughts today were that all that is needed there is a jumper of some sorts. Re-using the diode or whatever that really small thing is is most likely not needed. If the radio goes back to my tech we are going to take that jumper out and redo it so that the area is cleaner, that little jumper that comes installed is a bugger to solder back into place.

STRYKER 497HPC CONVERT PROBLEM??????

I have a Stryker 497HPC and there are NO three pins on the board over here. My radio is (STUCK) on all the bands ( A - H ) 28.065 / 28.605 and they keep repeating themselves. I looked on the internet & cannot find nowhere on how to convert this radio to the suppose to be 25.615 to 29.205 Mhz in all those bands????

HELP????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Photo of my board that hasn't that movable pin thing??

Any help on how should I proceed to get all those frequencies would be apppreciated..Thanks
Pepper58

Attachments

• IMG_4082.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 35
Looks like ur in the wrong area of the radio with the pic you showed. Take a good arial pic ofbyour radio and we can try and helpbfrom there

20150814_103226.jpg
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CONVERT STRYKER 497.DOES NOT HAVE THE 3 PINS AND JUMPER.THANKS IN ADVANCE
You can see the little jumper just move it to cover both pins. This is on the newest models of 449 and 497 strykers. Good luck, very good radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.