• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 power meter?

123kid

Mar 6, 2012
my pwr meter on my 955 fluctuates like channel one will show dead key like 18 watts and then channel 40 40 watts and on 15 it will fluctuate nuts like 20 to 40 watts with a dead key no audio is that normal?when i hook up my swr meter the power says 40 watts dead key from 1 thru 40 and my swr is fine.This is the 955's meter im talking about the power one.Only does it stay 40 on all channels dead key when i have a external swr meter hooked up.I dont have a power meter to compare it.Should i be trusting the 955's power meter or just forget it and assume its just glitchy?Have you ever seen this?

My swr on a outboard meter is 1.1 channel 1 flat channel 20 and between a 1.1 and flat on 40 the radios swr meter reads 3 bars channel 1 1 bar channel 20 1 bar channel 40.

Try running the radio in to a dummy load to eliminate any antenna problems. I have a 955 arriving tomorrow so will test it at the side of my power meter.

Last edited:
mine works

mine works fine the power meter just fluctuates mid band or around on dead key.For example on channel 1 my power meter on radio reads dead key 18 then on channel 20 it fluctuates from 20 to 30 on the dead key and then on channel 40 it shows 40 dead key thats with power all the way up.My swr on channel 1 acording to the rado is 4 bars but on outboard meter it read a 1.1:5 then on channel 20 it reads flat on outboard meter and 1 bar on the radio and then channel 40 1.0:5 on outboard meter and 1 bar on the radio.Radio works 100% and when i have the outboard meter hooked up "just swr meter" dont have a power meter to use.The dead key on all channels reads 40.It might be reflection due to a tv antenna about 12 feet from my radio antenna.You guys probably have a flat match across the band.I used to have that.I got a power meter coming to test it this week so i will keep everyone updated.I keep the radio set to 10 dead key and it never fluctuates and the radio stays cool.I also see on the meter i get just as much pep.If i do a 2 dead key it will only swing about 30 on ssb.The radio gets nothing but good reports.I have never had that satisfaction.

hmm

i actually figured out the issue with that.The clarifier is very sensitive so you have to get it on point otherwise some signals sound clean "mostly ham rigs" and others sound digitized it has a spot where they both blend well.Its odd but for what this radio does its the best export you can get these days.Most will argue but if you want all the features in one package with good stability power and audio on both am and ssb you cant go wrong.

First off let me say Happy to year's to all.

I think like someone has said before, this Stryker 955 is not a very good radio, as your first export 10 meter ssb radio. It has a lot of features, that most radios don't have.

You must study this radio for a few days prior to understanding how to navigate between the VFO, different bands, fine and course tuning adjustments, and basically getting used to turning, tuning, flipping toggle switches, and what not just to get where you want to be.

It took me a couple of days to adjust to it. Now it's just second nature to me. I still think there are to many steps involved to get to where you want to be.

Let me say this however. It is absolutely the best most enjoyable radio I have ever owned. It kicks butt on all bands and frequencies. I have always got good, or should I say excellent reports That includes the folks on the Ham bands as well. I have made more dx contacts and regular contacts on this radio in the two months I've had it, than I did with a new Cobra 29 lx, with an antenna warmer on it for 1 1/2 years. It just plain works.

I notice on a few other forums that many people are having trouble with this radio. That might be bad for this model. Stryker may decide to discontinue it due to the fact that so many people don't understand it. I can see them doing something like that. I hope not, because it is really a nice radio.

When I received my radio, I had to send it back. The SSB side of the radio wasn't working correctly. I see this a lot with this model. Stryker took it back, made the adjustments, and it works great ever since. Wish I wouldn't have had to do that, but it was worth the effort.

My radio is in my pickup truck and connected to a Predator 10k dual coil antenna, and it talks around the world, without a external amp.

I hope this radio remains on the market.

volt meter

what is the volt meter reading on the radio for you guys.The manual says dont go over 15 volts but my radio reads 15.1 with no issues.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.