• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Radio Faceplates Now Available

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I now have custom faceplates available for the Stryker Radios. I've posted a few low-res samples below. If interested, email me through my site, linked in my signature.

The bottom sample is unique. Its a composite of a mountain scene, with one of my customers' trucks superimposed. The truck photo was taken in my parking lot. This is just to give you an idea of what I can do with a plate.

strykerplate.jpg

strykerplate2.jpg

strykerplate3.jpg

strykerplate4.jpg

strykerplate5.jpg

Way cool! A little off topic here, but are original (or very close) faceplates available for the original Cobra 148GTL? Not just a sticker, but the entire front plastic bezel.

My best guess is no, at least not from the factory. You'll probably need to get an export bezel and have a plate made. I'd check with Cobra first to be sure about the plate itself. The galaxy 33 and 44 bezels will fit with no problems.

DTB Radio said:
I now have custom faceplates available for the Stryker Radios. I've posted a few low-res samples below. If interested, email me through my site, linked in my signature.

The bottom sample is unique. Its a composite of a mountain scene, with one of my customers' trucks superimposed. The truck photo was taken in my parking lot. This is just to give you an idea of what I can do with a plate.

quote]

How well do these faceplate covers stick to the rig, especially in high humidity areas? TIA

I can make plates for just about any radio ever made, with the exception of those like the RCI 6300 and 6900 that use a molded plastic face. Those would need to be air-brushed, and I dont do that. What I do for a plate is take the original plate, scan it into a computer, and edit the scan to make a black plate mask with cut-outs. Then a build a layered image with seperate layers for whatever elemnt i want on the plate. For example, a layer for the plate, a layer for the main graphic, a layer for the labels, a layer for the label backgrounds, a layer for any trim, a layer for customers' customizations, etc.

As for them sticking in high-humidity areas, I use the same kind of adhesive found in carpet tape. I think we all know how well THAT stuff sticks!

Hey DTK.......Super nice job......Mabee we can swap ideas and graphics.

The Greatful Dead Special
5e_1_sbl.JPG

The Blue Special 959
94_1_sbl.JPG

Note the custimization of the lettering for the knobs:
cf_1_sbl.JPG

PM me if you are interested.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.