• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR -955 hp

I didn't watch but echo doesn't add clarity especially at a far distance. It wouldn't sound good on my phone anyway.

As for the 135 miles the radio isn't doing that for him and you know it. His antenna and the 3cx3000 does the walking when propagation allows it. I have an amp built by the same guy so I know it works well for him. With the right driver he could talk just as far with a stock cobra 19.

An out of the box 955 sounds very good, but he only way that radio is hifi is if 42 connects his mmm board to it. I may be mistaken but I believe he was using one on a galaxy when we talked a few years ago. You can change components to widen up the audio but I doubt that's being done with a smt radio. I don't know of anyone who is.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I don't know the specific alterations that were made to that particular Stryker radio in regards to frequency response but I do know it had something to do with increasing the efficiency of the transmitter.

Without changing Components in the radio to alter frequency response this video would have been impossible to make.
Watch "SR955 from 1.3Khz to 4K and 125 dBm down on rx." on YouTube

I didn't watch but echo doesn't add clarity especially at a far distance. It wouldn't sound good on my phone anyway.

As for the 135 miles the radio isn't doing that for him and you know it. His antenna and the 3cx3000 does the walking when propagation allows it. I have an amp built by the same guy so I know it works well for him. With the right driver he could talk just as far with a stock cobra 19.

An out of the box 955 sounds very good, but he only way that radio is hifi is if 42 connects his mmm board to it. I may be mistaken but I believe he was using one on a galaxy when we talked a few years ago. You can change components to widen up the audio but I doubt that's being done with a smt radio. I don't know of anyone who is.

He didn't do a comparison to a stock 955. What has been proven?

I am curious if he's updating the old stryker radios with new components stryker is already using. If so is he also charging to update radios that came out of the box with the improvements? What he describes in the video sounds similar to this. They even give you the part number. http://strykerradios.com/store/10-meter-radio-955hpc/

While you can sound good with 4k it is not hifi or wideband. I could not find any specs from stryker for the tx or rx frequency response. Most radios say something like 3-4k but this is not a brick wall. So saying that video would have been impossible to make is 100% wrong.

That's enough politics and religious talk for me.

I agree motormouth mall sounds great at the expense of decreased efficiency of his transmitter. Most truck drivers are more concerned with maximum distance for the least amount of money and not having to repeat themselves and being understood every time they speak and being able to understand the person that is trying to speak to them at the greatest possible distance.
That wideband audio that you are looking for comes with a price and that price is decreased transmitter efficiency. Sure it sounds great. Unfortunately it will not talk as far as narrowbanded audio. (at the same power level)
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I am curious if he's updating the old stryker radios with new components stryker is already using. If so is he also charging to update radios that came out of the box with the improvements? What he describes in the video sounds similar to this. They even give you the part number. http://strykerradios.com/store/10-meter-radio-955hpc/

While you can sound good with 4k it is not hifi or wideband. I could not find any specs from stryker for the tx or rx frequency response. Most radios say something like 3-4k but this is not a brick wall. So saying that video would have been impossible to make is 100% wrong.

Last edited:
The main thing he demonstrated in that video was that amplitude remains the same throughout the entire frequency range. A stock radio would not have been able to maintain consistent amplitude throughout that entire range which means that radios that he tunes have a consistently higher mean Power. The output levels would have dropped moving throughout that range instead of being consistent. You can try this experiment yourself if you have the test equipment. Another experiment I would like to see is for motormouth Maul to set up a Stryker 955 with his contraption in it and to compare it side by side with 42 Keystone Stryker 955. I'm sure the one with the Mauldulator in it would sound more flattering maybe but I guarantee the distance would be cut by a third at least.

If the limiter in the radio is functional, and it is, he can inject a higher level of audio than required to fully modulate the carrier with the tone generator. If the limiter does its job and the peaks are held to the same limit it will appear to have flat response and the average customer won't know any better...if they did they wouldn't be at the CB shop. This is not how to prove a transmitter has flat frequency response. Just like he doesn't use a trapezoidal pattern to test for linearity. He just makes up his own rules as he goes.

Now, without talking about how well someone else's equipment works, what truckers do, or anything else, please tell me tell me if you agree or disagree with the first paragraph. Please explain the answer if you can.

not being a technician I wouldn't be able to decipher that paragraph but being a truck driver it's very easy to see that no technician anywhere in the country can achieve results like the ones that guy achieves. I don't need to understand what I see in the videos all I need to understand is that my radio talks further with less power than anybody else in the country with the same radio in a tractor trailer. that's the only thing that means anything to me. whatever the mumbo jumbo is that makes my radio do what it does I couldn't care less about understanding what's involved. I just wish another technician would step up to the plate and achieve results similar to the ones that I witnessed but over the past 15 years that has yet to happen.
If the limiter in the radio is functional, and it is, he can inject a higher level of audio than required to fully modulate the carrier with the tone generator. If the limiter does its job and the peaks are held to the same limit it will appear to have flat response and the average customer won't know any better...if they did they wouldn't be at the CB shop. This is not how to prove a transmitter has flat frequency response. Just like he doesn't use a trapezoidal pattern to test for linearity. He just makes up his own rules as he goes.

Now, without talking about how well someone else's equipment works, what truckers do, or anything else, please tell me tell me if you agree or disagree with the first paragraph. Please explain the answer if you can.

post up some vids of the 955 ssb receive audio, skip and local strong and weak signal,, would be interesting if they finally got that issue fixed ,, oh but there never was a problem ,,lol

not being a technician I wouldn't be able to decipher that paragraph but being a truck driver it's very easy to see that no technician anywhere in the country can achieve results like the ones that guy achieves. I don't need to understand what I see in the videos all I need to understand is that my radio talks further with less power than anybody else in the country with the same radio in a tractor trailer. that's the only thing that means anything to me. whatever the mumbo jumbo is that makes my radio do what it does I couldn't care less about understanding what's involved. I just wish another technician would step up to the plate and achieve results similar to the ones that I witnessed but over the past 15 years that has yet to happen.

He works on your radios, does a good job and you are satisfied. Thats all that matters.

Since you couldn't care less about the technical mumbo jumbo stop acting like you know something, spreading bad info and using Mark's videos to back up your misguided statements. It's not fair to gullible people.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Which statements were misguided? Was it the one about bass Robbing power and decreasing transmitter efficiency?
The only way anybody could ever have a transmitter compete with mine would either be
A- 10000 foot higher than me or
B- running a 6 element beam or
C-running 6 times the amount of power that I'm running in order to compete with the efficiency of my station.
I forgot about option D which is they have the same technician and similar equipment mounted in a similar vehicle in which case their performance will be virtually identical to mine.
I'm smart enough not to take the credit for how my station works.
I also like to give credit where credit is due.
He works on your radios, does a good job and you are satisfied. Thats all that matters.

Since you couldn't care less about the technical mumbo jumbo stop acting like you know something, spreading bad info and using Mark's videos to back up your misguided statements. It's not fair to gullible people.

Last edited:
Those are some mighty big claims rabbiporkchop! Don't go out too far on the limb as it might break from under you. I know you are happy with your setup and all, but to say that the only thing around that will compete with you is what you listed above is a BOLD statement to say the least. How is the efficiency of your station that much better than anyone else that has done their station setup correctly?? Care to elaborate? I am just a curious on looker, and from what you have stated above seems like a really bold statement. I am just curios as to how you came about with these figures or "facts" as you call them in your case? Thanks much for any replies.

Reactions: camaro1
Those are some mighty big claims rabbiporkchop! Dit n't go out too far on the limb as it might break from under you. I know you are happy with your setup and all, but to say that the only thing around that will compete with you is what you listed above is a BOLD statement to say the least. How is the efficiency of your station that much better than anyone else that has done their station setup correctly?? Care to elaborate? I am just a curious on looker, and from what you have stated above seems like a really bold statement. I am just curios as to how you came about with these figures or "facts" as you call them in your case? Thanks much for any replies.
Years of coast to coast driving and having my ego stroked every time I speak on the radio. When It gets to the point that you realize no mobile station comes close to the performance of your own unless they are sitting above you on a mountain, and base stations have a difficult time doing what my mobile does, it doesn't get much better.
I hope to be proven wrong someday, but it hasn't happened yet.
Watch "coax fundamentals" on YouTube

Any technician that tells you cable length is irrelevant is a mud duck and so are his customers. They should study this video carefully and rethink their position in the interests of providing a valuable service to their customers.

Last edited:
If you think MMM sounds like Hifi you must have loved that song mr. Roboto. Wow
It has nothing to do with how mmm sounds. I made the comment about the mmm board because I think 42 owns one. The board doesn't make mmm sound the way he does, that's is audio processing. All his board does is feed the collectors of the final and driver. How anyone sounds using it is entirely up to them. There are more ways to achieve this and one can do it without purchasing the mmm contraption, hams have done it for many years.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.