• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-9XX?

The main thing I'm hoping for out of it, is it to have that Stryker audio, and be good on SSB. I'm liking the display on it, hope that they keep the black knobs since they are so rarely used. I'm curious as to if you can tap a switch in on the face surround knobs like I did on my old 440. Flipped the switch off and the only lights left were the channel display and the meter lights. Sure made it easy driving at night and not so blinding. Either way, I'm anxious to pick one up!a

I agree. I do SSB 80% of the time so I want kick butt AM audio with a touch of echo.........but it must be stable on SSB for mobile use.

stryker/shawn commented on my comment about the delay over at cbtricks .

[quote author=strykerradio link=topic=6323.msg92865#msg92865 date=1333774100]
Actually we will have some in next week from initial production. DTB has a second generation prototype which as discussed above differs some from production. It's safe to say that if we released a photo, it's being manufactured. No need to jump to any other conclusions! Shortly after I spoke with Bootymonster in Feb. I delayed production because I wanted to improve the viewing angle of the frequency/channel display. The improvement was well worth the 40 day delay, the difference was very dramatic!
[/quote]

I delayed production because I wanted to improve the viewing angle of the frequency/channel display. The improvement was well worth the 40 day delay, the difference was very dramatic!
"Wanted to improve the viewing angle of the freq./channel display?"

Just how many angles can you look at a meter that's on the front of a radio?

Does this display change viewing angles when you tilt the radio on it's side like a Smart Phone does? Just turn it sideways, and give it a little tap and the screen changes angles?:pop:

wonder what it will do turned up-side down...

I am sure what he is talking about is how well the display/Ch numbers can be seen while viewing the display at an angle.
If you take a 2950 or a 2510 and hold it in your hand, and tilt the radio up/down/left/right, there angles where the display starts to go-away or look like all the digits are black.

Jeff

The rumor/rumour I heard was that the Lincoln II would be based on the Uniden 980.Personally I think if anything does come out of Balaruc-les-Bains would be fighting a losing battle against the affordable radios from Qixiang.

The rumor/rumour I heard was that the Lincoln II would be based on the Uniden 980.Personally I think if anything does come out of Balaruc-les-Bains would be fighting a losing battle against the affordable radios from Qixiang.

The Anytone 5555 was at Presidents German Arm a long time before was released and was being appraised as a Stabo branded SSB radio. This failed when the exclusive was not good, plus Stabo was always Uniden until the release of the XM4006E which has a nice implimentation of ASC, hmm wonder where the Chinese saw the original:oops:

Lincoln II. Well that old chesnut. Radio was promised after the release of the Grant II and where is that? Was delayed due to popping finals syndrome and the Lincoln II was promised to come with " wow factor " and be "something real special " and maybe thats not just the 300 euro price tag it would surely come with:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.