• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker sra 10 mog mount

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
so been thinking of trying this antenna .. currently using a sirio 5000 .. seems ok . recieve is a lil noisy it picks up every static .. the stryker has alot of good reviews .and ya it does light up but theres a video on youtube how to take that out

A local guy has been running one for about 6 months now, works good for him. The blue light thing is not very bright so no big deal. I'm sure the Wilson 1k, 5k, Stryker, and Sirio will all be pretty close in performance.

Reactions: Niceguy71
Not sure why you think that the Stryker will be any better especially when some of your RF power is being used to light up a stupid light.

If the 5000 is picking up every bit of static so will the Stryker, the only way for it not to is if it has less performance.

The noise could actually be a symptom of a problem, a poor RF ground causing common mode RFI because the antenna system is using the coax to compensate for a lack of a RF ground. That can result in more noise on receive.

I heard the Styker AR 10 was the best.... then many of my VERY knowledgeable CB friends told me the Siro 5000 performer is better.... but I would think either would be fantastic.... someday I'm going to try the Stryker but I don't really like the look of the Stryker AR10 or the Siro 5000 performer... I use a Tram 3500 and it's good enough for me, I do fantastic with that antenna. I can get out 20 miles most days (depending on conditions) and seeing I bought a bunch of spares It will be a long time before I try something else.

I have 3 of the Sirio 5000 antennas on vehicles with the fold over mag mount. The newer Wilson antennas are junk, I had one, never again. I have never tried the Tram, I know a lot of people like them. Some day I will drill a hole in the roof, it would be neat to find a fold over mount for a 9 foot whip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.