• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Typhoon Mawar -

Brother DXer

226 - west Texas (WDX226)
Aug 20, 2022
Texas
This storm just plowed through the island of Guam which amounted to a considerable amount of damage, to say the least. Our oldest son and his family are stationed in Okinawa and if the storm keeps the projected path, they'll be missed. If it turns northward... not so sure. They have been over there for three years and are used to lots of storms coming in. It's just part of life there. But this storm could do some major damage. I've been in contact with them regularly, more so the past 16 hours and they're in the process of storm readiness.
Anyway, the waiting is miserable! If any of you have family in the area, my prayers are going out to all, regardless of the path.

Screenshot (657).jpg

Yikes! Hope they come out OK. My little brother was in Okinawa when a Typhoon came through. He said he knew it was serious when the dumpster went flying by his second story window.

Reactions: Brother DXer
Ha! A dumpster flying by your second story window.. That's a sight that would make you duck and cover!
Thanks, I hope it keeps the same track. If it does, the Philippines and/or Tiawan are going to get it. This thing huge!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.