• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

superantenna

jesse10x

Dec 26, 2009
is the yp-3 superantenna any good.how high over the mobile have to be?
yes i know it's a base antenna but instead buying super huge amp for bowl
use i get one of these.

YP-3

$400 for a 3 element beam ??? NO WAY !!

get a maco 3 element (or better yet a 4 element) and use the extra $200 - $250 for.........................whatever .
it can be disambeled and reassembled too .

Portable 6-band 20m - 6m portable Yagi antenna The antenna isn't bad if your going to be taking advantage of the other band capabilities, for strictly 11 meters Go with the Maco or another small directional antenna....

11ft x 19ft way too big to be portable.
i read the manual for yp-3 but no specs for cb. what's up with that?

Last edited:
is the yp-3 superantenna any good.how high over the mobile have to be?
yes i know it's a base antenna but instead buying super huge amp for bowl
use i get one of these.

Jesse I'd say you would have to be about 100' to 200' over that mobile to be workin' tha' bowl.

A shortened and loaded three element DXexpedition type portable beam is a serious compromise setup at best and it may get you on the air with other QRP signals operators working a contest.

Get your hip boots out boys, it's gettin' deep.

Last edited:
You don't need a tuner for the SuperAntenna YP3. The manual comes with the calculations you need to set it for 11 meters...you will just have to do the math yourself. The instructions come with the setup dimensions for all bands between 6 and 20 meters....just not 11 meters.

As others have said, it really is an antenna with a specific design purpose. If you're not going to use it for that, get something cheaper.

i didnt notice it is a multi band a antenna . maybe it is worth its price if youre making use of its band coverasge .

the bowl the bowl the bowl ....... LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.