• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superstar freq jump

bikrric

Feb 21, 2009
I have a superstar 3900 when I remove it from the house and put it in the mobile, All the channels jump up 1 channel. This only happens in my truck, not in any other vehicle. Swrs seem fine and other radios work in my truck just fine. I checked voltage and ground as well. Any ideas?

Is it possible that you had the 10kc switch on? If it wasn't, I would check for a possible short or failure in that area. I think this has messed with a few of us here and there. Forgot it was on and what the hell?

No 10 k switch as far as I know but works fine in the wifes car, just not in mine , never had this problem on any other radio, put it back in the house and worked fine. thanks

I think that the only difference between the truck and the other vehicle or the base is the way the radio is mounted. Is a mounting screw shorting to the circuit board?? Maybe an insecure solder that opens up when the case is flexed just the right way. Is the channel LED showing 19 when you are actually on 20??

I would try hooking the radio up with jumpers directly to the battery without it being fastened in place and see if it works correctly. Then with it turned on go ahead and install it and see when the freq jump occurs.

Other than that... maybe the radio just gets a little bit "high" whenever it's in your truck. LOL!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.