• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

supertar 3900hp gold

blackjack

Apr 26, 2005
il
need some opionion on this radio. i haven't one mine yet. it is it a good recommendation. just curious before i spend my money. thanks.

I HAD 3 of them and ALL 3 drifted on SSB terribly.

I would go with a ST 148 before I bought another 3900

If your wanting the FM then try the Magnum 257

Hey BlackJack, What kind of talking do ya do AM or SSB? I've never owned one. My friend bought one from *opper Electronics recently and We talked on SSB for a bit. I wasn't to impressed on how it sounded out of the box........Real tinny and thin sounding, and it was drifting like a sailboat on SSB........Maybe properly tuned and aligned it would be a decent radio for price........, I'd go to maybe an older Ranger 2950 or a new Galaxy DX959 If you want to stay in that price range........Or if you want to kick it up a notch......There's some good radio's out there....But just shop around a little, get some different oppions just like your doing........73's

i was wanting to try some ssb but i don't know much about it. but i need the upper and lower channels for the hunting season. but i do a lot of skip talking on 28 and 6 most of the time. whenit is roilling of course. thanks for the replys

Blackjack,
Like Phil said: 2950dx or 959.
Althou I don't know anything about the 959, but the 2950 has a very good track record.
------------
DXman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned