• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Switch in roger beep board

Are roger beeps annoying

• Total voters
gohusan said:
just to add to it I guess.

P.S.

psycho said:
Roger Beeps are Good Buddy beeps.
I think beeps, noise toys, and echos are annoying as all hell.

I'm sorry psycho but if you think that I'm not really sure you should be posting here. These post are for freedom of expression as is a CB radio; You are expressing yourself in any matter you wish to. whether it be by a roger beep; a noise toy; echo board; or just simply talking. Why can't one have fun differentiating oneself from the pack. Or are you saying we should all rewrite history :?: :?: :roll:

To differentiate oneself from the pack only requires a distinct personality and some unique wit.
If an operator needs a roger beep to signal the receiving station that his transmission has ended then maybe the beeping station might need a better antenna or more power.

i voted against them also but only because of how they typically sound . usually louder to much louder than the modulation of the person speaking and the tones are usually peircing to my ears . did hear one guy with a ding-dong door bell that was about the same level as his modulation . much easier on my ears .

i hate psycho but if you have a poll asking "Are roger beeps annoying" youre inviting replies both pro and con .

If you choos a switch on the front of the radio then do yourself a favor and lable the wires as you remove them from the switch. Then if you want to remove 5 yrs later and put it into another radio you can return the radio to stock. I have done this mod several times and if your just an occasional rb person I would recommend using a spst(single pole switch) on the back of the radio. The rocker switch you pictured is overkill for the milliamps the board will draw and a simple 12v max. A small spst swich on the back from radio shack will be best on the back. That big rocker switch will require a large hole and most likely will run into other components inside the radio; don't use it is what I would say.

Roger Beeps are Good Buddy beeps.
I think beeps, noise toys, and echos are annoying as all hell.
I modified the rogerbeep in my 55 galaxy so it last for 5 seconds and have considered making it longer because of it's desired effect on certain individuals.:tongue:

chinese roger gonggggggggg

I modified the rogerbeep in my 55 galaxy so it last for 5 seconds and have considered making it longer because of it's desired effect on certain individuals.:tongue:

been there... done that

i had one radio that i put an extremely annoying roger GONG in:p

it gongggggggggggged for at least 5 seconds:w00t:

it was on a switch and i only used it "as required"

I voted 'no'; but here is my reason.

Roger beeps are great when using SSB, as it can be difficult to know if the party you are in contact with has/hasn't finished their end of their 'spiel' without it on. It definitely has its use then - IMO.

But for AM/FM use; what is the point in using it for those modes?!?
In practical terms, it really just doesn't belong there - UNLESS one has a very weak communication with the other person.

It can either be practical, OR and an annoyance if misused...

Simply put a switch in series with the power lead for the RB board.You could also put it in series with the audio BEEEEEEEEP! line and cut it off before the BEEEEEEEEEP! gets to the radio's modulator.

Good Lawd, I done heard it all now LMAO.

Yeah that's a great idea... then when you turn the power off to the board you turn off the transmit and receive for the radio off too, since the board is powered and the transmit and receive run through the board.

Run a SPST toggle inline with the Audio wire and run an wire from the switch to the audio pin of the mic jack like it's supposed to be wired.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.