• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR Meter Dual needle or digital

E412B

Oct 25, 2015
Been wanting a new meter ever since I got this POS truck stop special.

I have been told to get a dual needle meter and I like that ideal.
Have also seen a digital that does the same.
Was thinking of the MFJ 822 or the MFJ 845.
OR if anyone has any other suggestions please advise.

If this is in the wrong sub forum please move.

Look at the Diawa CN801 for an analog meter, with true PEP hold func., or the LP-100a for a digi VSWR/watt meter. Yes more money, but you get what you pay for. The LP-100a is a very nice digi meter that has many other functions as well. Worth the money if you are looking at these type meters. Stay away from the MFJ stuff, it's not made very well. JMHO. You honestly do get what you pay for most of the time.
For a better than the truck stop swr/watt meter at least, the Radio Shack swr/watt meters work well for GP mobile use. Not sure how much you are looking up spend or what you are trying to accomplish other than getting an accurate VSWR/watt reading. The truck stop meters are junk I totally agree, and if you're serious about getting a good one and price isn't a big issue, again look at the LP-100a made by Telepost Inc.. JMHO. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

Reactions: tecnicoloco and 314

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.