• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

swr

rustyc

Oct 30, 2011
getting a high swr 2\1 got a guy telling me i to change to different lenghts of coax do i raise or snip antenna everything i read says changing coax lenths of coax doesn't work its in the antenna

If we'er talking about a mobile antenna check on channel 40 if the swr is high shorten the antenna and reversed on channel 1.

It's best to start on channel one and lengthen if needed because once you cut some off the stinger you can't put it back on. :laugh:

thanks sir thats what i thought also and it is a mobile have a new antenna on the way that swr was on 19 so its about mid way the channels

Usually your swr will be near the same reading on 1 and 40 when the antenna tuned properly.

Be sure to calibrate your meter before starting this tuning and after each tuning procedure.

Keep in mind that "low SWR" is no indication that the antenna is going to be a fantastic DX magnet. A dummy load provides low SWR. So does a couple hundred feet of RG58 with NOTHING attached to the far end.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.