• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR

???
Ground it to your antenna bracket and re-test the SWR.
That is what I did with my 4 ft Wilson Silver Load.
Surprised you didn't do that in the first place!

Well I did, just like the instructions said, but SWR went up, so I left it off. Again, I'm only using the meter in the radio, but SWR is at 1:1, maybe 1:2.

Well I did, just like the instructions said, but SWR went up, so I left it off. Again, I'm only using the meter in the radio, but SWR is at 1:1, maybe 1:2.

remember thats just ball park figures. id stop at a truckstop or cb shop and get a external
swr meter and a 3 feet jumper. just to make sure. if ya have the orignal packing for the
antenna it should tell ya how much power it will handle. i think its around 750 watts.
the ground wire DONT cut it off use black electical tape and tape it to the antenna
otta of the way. cause on another install you may need it.as long as swr is good sounds like
your good to go

Don't state SWR as "1:2"; always put the numeral 1 after the colon: 2:1. 5:1. 1:1 is theoretically perfect. 1.1:1 or 1.2:1 is about as good as it gets in real life, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with anything up to about 1.5:1.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.