• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T-UG8 With Amp Board Wiring

JJim

Jul 2, 2005
www.yoursaftnet.com
Hello all,
I got a hold of an old T-UG8 Stand with the Amplifier Board added. The mic seems like it may work however, I know, for certain, that some of the wiring had been changed by a novice. What I am looking for is some help on the wiring from the shaft of the mic to the base. (Where do each of the 4 wires go).
Here is what I have:
From the shaft of the mic to the base = White, Green(ish), Yellow, Black.

Lets start with the White wire from the shaft....
White from shaft to TB1-2
On TB1-2 is White to mic cord and white wire to amp board.

Yellow from shaft...
Yellow to TB1-3
On TB1-3 is Red wire to mic cord

Green(ish) wire from shaft...
Green(ish) to One leg of a ceramic capacitor on the amp board

Black wire from shaft...
Black wire to TB1-1
On TB1-1 is a black wire to the Neg side of the battery
a brown wire to the amp board and the Shield wire to the mic cord.

Now, there are also the following wires:
Violet from amp board to the modulation adjustment pot (lets say it is soldered to pin 1 on the pot) Also on this same (pin 1) of the modulation pot is the Red (Positive) wire from the battery.

Orange wire from amp board to the center pin of the modulation adjustment pot.

Blue wire from the amp board to the 3rd pin of the adjustment pot.

OK. The previous owner of the mic told me that it once worked fine with an old radio (name / brand unknown) he tried to re-wire the mic for a few different radios and never got it to work. He did change some of the wires that I listed above. What I get now (wiring it to a President HR2510) is a dead key on the channel with no modulation. I cannot find any information anywhere on the interconnect wiring of the mic itself (just the mic to radio pinouts).

If anybody can help me, by looking this over this wiring (hopefully finding a minor wiring mistake) or even by telling me how I can take some voltage / amp / resistance readings from the amp board to get this mic working would be a great help. I would really appreciate it.

Thanx guys just for being here to lend a halping hand.
You guys are kinda like "CB Shrinks" for us beginners.

-jim

RADIOS:
President HR2510
Stock mic
Galaxy Echo Talk desk mic
M400 antenna

Voyage VR9000
M400 antenna

Cobra 142 GTL
M400 antenna

Cobra 18RV
SuperStar DM-452 Echo mic
Shooting Star 225 (always on HIGH :twisted: )
102" whip

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.