• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

talkback mod on cobra 29 lx

doc919

Dec 6, 2012
mid south tennessee
Ok! I have done the mosfet conversion with "peak&tune". Here's the deal! I have also done the talkback mod where you solder the top of the 2 resistors together to make it louder & for some reason I just noticed today that when I am just listening, if I turn the talkback all the way up, it increasesthe volume of the receive. (Not the S units. Has anyone else noticed this? Radion is transmitting & recieves well. Also I did try the homebrew dipole on my semi. & it works very well

Ok, the reason that the recieve comes on with the talkback is because when you short the two negative contacts on the EXT SPKR and PA jacks, it causes the radio to think there is a recieve line attached. This will also happen on the cobra 29, 148, 2000, ect.
The reason the talkback does not turn the recieve on full blast is because there is resistance in the control pot and it isn't fully shorting the two points together. This should be your problem but overall don't worry about it. The radio will still perform the same.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.