• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TCXO Question

Kirk

Mar 6, 2010
I just put a TCXO (SO-3) into my ts-590s. Since I have done this, the receive sounds like everyone is talking under water (bubbly,choppy,raspy) for the first 15 minutes. This effect also happens on my TX as well. After warming up, it is fine. Is this normal?

It shouldn't be like that at all. Have you removed jumpers C903 and C904? Also double check the soldering you did to ensure you've not got a dry joint.

When its warmed up have you checked it against WWV as described on page 72 of the manual?

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you. It was the jumpers. I don't know what I was thinking.

Its always something staring you in the face with something like that because you spend so much time making sure you do a good job of soldering and are just so relieved to get it put back together that the final step tends to get missed. Glad it was easily sorted.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.