• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tektronix 465m

Big Dummy 123

Aug 29, 2009
Hi all. I bought this scope on fleebay for 61dollars spose to work come with 14 day return if it doa. The problem is the its no probes or manuel. I understand it is the same as a 465b but is the milatery version. I found a manuel for it. Know im asking what probed i need for it. Also can i plug this in the back of my B%K 1040 where it say scope.for modulation or do i need a pick up for it. Thanks Ben. :confused:

I don't know about a B&K but a decent RF pickup can be fashoned out of a minibox.

Put one SO-239 on one end and another on the other. Join the center conductors with a piece of RG-8 or similar inner conductor with the insulation still on it.

Install a third connector. BNC is a good choice. Make a one or two turn loop around the RG-8 insulation and ground the other end of the loop. Run a cable from the BNC to the vert input on the 465.

Always terminate the lead to the scope's vertical amp with a terminator or resistor of the same value as the impedance of the cable you use for the pickup. This keeps ground loops and junk to a minimum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.