• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Temp question For the radio lab guys

groundwire

Jul 19, 2014
What temperature do you keep your lab/room at? I see the standard lab reference temp is 68 degrees F. Im finding that when i align cb radios at this temp, when they get to their home either base or mobile, people have the house alot warmer right, 75 - 80 deg F, and waaay warmer in mobiles. And as a result the frequency slides off a bit. Hf rigs, test equipment etc no problems, spot on. Its just the cb radios that are all over the place with different temps.

What temperature do you keep your lab/room at? I see the standard lab reference temp is 68 degrees F. Im finding that when i align cb radios at this temp, when they get to their home either base or mobile, people have the house alot warmer right, 75 - 80 deg F, and waaay warmer in mobiles. And as a result the frequency slides off a bit. Hf rigs, test equipment etc no problems, spot on. Its just the cb radios that are all over the place with different temps.
I keep my radio room around 72 degrees during the winter,never had a problem with it affecting any of my Radios and so forth,etc.

73's

73's

Unlocking clarifier is dumb move if you ask me.
Every time you try to follow other station you move your tx freq.
You will chase each one forever that way.

Unlocking clarifier is dumb move if you ask me.
Every time you try to follow other station you move your tx freq.
You will chase each one forever that way.
Unlocking is good for a drifting radio to be put on the same frequency as the other radio. Matching tx to rx is easy, they both drift together. Then just turn the knob until the other guy sounds good. Then you will be talking where he is listening. Because he should be listening where he is talking, right?

Once the radio warms up, I never have to touch it. Unless it's in a vehicle. Without doing this, having it in a vehicle would make it unusable.

Unlocking is good for a drifting radio to be put on the same frequency as the other radio. Matching tx to rx is easy, they both drift together. Then just turn the knob until the other guy sounds good. Then you will be talking where he is listening. Because he should be listening where he is talking, right?

Once the radio warms up, I never have to touch it. Unless it's in a vehicle. Without doing this, having it in a vehicle would make it unusable.
Thats pretty much where i was coming from. All the radios i align come out spot on. In the shop they run perfectly with no drift for hours and hours even with long qso's. Put em in the mobile they move around alot. Especially now in winter with the heater on, off, cold, hot, warm etc. They drift and move alot. Fyi im talking about good radios like old school stuff. Cobra, uniden etc. Not these new garbage drift rigs. I guess thats the way it goes unless i do alignments in the mobile lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.