• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Ranger CB (TRE-966FFC)

Mike337

Jan 8, 2012
Sterling, VA
I was looking at Galaxy radios and ran across the fact that Galaxy uses Ranger boards in their CBs. If the parts are the same it adds the Texas Ranger TRE-966FFC to the selection.

The Texas Ranger has a 6 digit frequency counter built in so there is no need for an external one like on the DX-979, a few dollars saved is not a bad thing.

What I am not finding is a lot of information or reviews on the radio. I am finding a lot of the dealers web sites are showing out of stock. (They are showing the TRE-936FFC but that has no side band). I am still trying to get a hold of DTB Radio….Dave if your out there??

Anyone have any knowledge to share on the radios or what the deal is with no stock?

Thanks

If memory serves me right, that's a discontinued radio. Someone speak up if I'm wrong, but didn't the Texas Ranger line of radios get "phased out" by RCI?

The only bad thing with those radios (much like the Galaxys) is that they tend to drift pretty bad on SSB, but if you don't mind the 15-20 minute warm-up time, they're a good radio.

~Cheers~

I own one....nice radios....very sharp....I was looking for a year before I found one for sale by a member of this forum.....like another poster said...they will be a little off freq until they warm up...then they are rock solid.....its not much....cold-27.1753 warm 27.1750 on the money. (y)

They look identical to the RCI-69FFC4...cept the heat sink.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.