• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thailand 11 meters

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Caught John (153AT063) in his mobile from Bangkok last night, it was around 5:00 here on the west coast, signal was S4 both ways. But was really surprise when he told me he was using only 30 watts!
He posted on a Thai cluster that I was on the air and in a couple minutes I caught another station just 200 K north of Bangkok.

Not much coming from Thailand these days, so was happy to hook up with them again.

John was the 1st station for me to work from Thailand - that was back in 2002.

Great contacts I have yet to make it into any asian country except japan from the East coast,

I tell ya what guys, I could never talk to Thailand as much as I have in the last 15 yrs if I didn't have a beam! It is almost impossible for me to hear any of them on a ground plane, even if I had 500 watts it wouldn't make any difference.

Thailand has a lot of FM traffic from the fishing boats in the 11 meter band, most of them coming out of the China Sea area. So with the beam and 85 watts I can usually get through to most the stations that I hear - but not always.

I tell ya what guys, I could never talk to Thailand as much as I have in the last 15 yrs if I didn't have a beam! It is almost impossible for me to hear any of them on a ground plane, even if I had 500 watts it wouldn't make any difference.

Thailand has a lot of FM traffic from the fishing boats in the 11 meter band, most of them coming out of the China Sea area. So with the beam and 85 watts I can usually get through to most the stations that I hear - but not always.
Do they speak English; or do you speak Thai?
lol

Ditto on the beam vs vertical; amazing what a beam can do for DX success - IMO . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.