• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the new RFX150 is in at COPPER ELECTRONIC

rx150

No, it is dependent on the output of the radio.
If you see 100 you will be in good shape but expect to see a lot of heat too...
unlike the rx75 it is a standalone amplifier...can't help thinking that little RMkl203 stuck on top of the case would be a cheaper and easier option...

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah; the amp would need about 20A and a 12w radio would need about 2 1/2A. So, the power feed would need to go to the amp first. Then the amp will have a plug harness to feed the radio. My guess . . .

isnt that add on the wackiesnakeoil pack ?

Just a bolt on amp.

The whackpack is supposed to be, well, I'm not sure. Basically you take a soldering iron and randomly install do-dads and gadgets to the board until you get more dosy watts. More is gooder so grab one of those stripy things and solder it on to that little round tank looking thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Much different than it's lil brother, you keep the final in the radio and dont have to strip parts out. Install a switch to even turn it off completely. Much easier install, pretty good watt's also. I was gonna buy an rfx-75 but now i changed my mind, few xtra bucks gets double almost tripple the watts. If you're gonna hate these lil gadgets then dont get one, not everyone can afford a Texas star and a huge power supply.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.