• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The "waterfall"

commando57

Jan 14, 2013
i am on 14.0701 watching the waterfall, with Digipan, there are some signals wider than others. Sometime I suspect that that signal may be BPS63, QPS31, FSK31, or Pactor. I keep it on usb like the setup instructions say. Is there any way to tell what protocall is being transmitted? Also some of the calls I lookup come up not found on the ARRL FCC ID page. Is there an international lookup page I may be unaware of?

some software does ID the mode, other don't. I don't use Digipan so I don't know about it.

can you change the mode using digipan?

also try the call lookup function on QRZ or on this site;)

31 is almost same for BPSK & QPSK, 63 is roughly twice as wide and then 125 wider than that. If you turn on your monitor you can hear the differences.

Here's a good link for IDing the digital signals:
Digital Modes

Here's a good link for IDing the digital signals:
Digital Modes

That link really helped! I also learned that the signals I copy are much weaker than those screen shots! The best I ever had was one where I could make out the 2 distinct lines of a transmission. My waterfall is solid yellow with while streaks for signal, I must have a lot of noise. Most I can barely hear from the radio speaker. But the machine can decode about 50% of them correctly. Thanks for the assistance!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.