• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thinking of getting a AnyTone AT5555

CrazyD

Sep 25, 2012
Houston Texas
I was thinking of getting one of these AnyTone AT5555 i use mostly sideband and want a stable radio is there anything i should know about these radios ? like known bugs the radio i would be getting is a V5.:confused:

i dont think there is anything wrong with the v5, im pretty sure the v5 uses the v6 software. great radio's, 100% stable on ssb, from power on they are on freq. and the nice thing is if you get one and its not dead on freq you can adjust it in the hidden menu function. i have had mine for just over 2 months now and no issues at all. the mic that comes with them feels small and cheap but sounds good, i use a turner roadking 56 with mine and it works great.

the Alpha 10 radio is the same radio and there have been several on e-bay the last couple weeks , new $185 and free shipping

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=221173744409

Last edited:
Hey CrazyD I have had a lot of different versions of them and do have an extra version 5 here that uses version 6 software. If your interested let me know. Never been in a mobile, used here for a base radio for about a week. email me at tucker4422@verizon.net

DUSTER go th the anytone forum I think it's in yahoo or something like that they have it all there along with all the programs for using the cable with your computer

1. Ensure the radio is off
2. Press and Hold both the FUNC and EMG-S/RF buttons, and turn on the radio
3. Release the two buttons; you should have alphanumeric
characters showing on the display: “1bAnd”
Rotate the Channel Knob until you get “2bAnd”
4. Press and hold the FUNC key;
The screen will display rES...
...then display rEnd.
...release the FUNC key.
The Expansion Operation has now been successfully performed.

Attachments

• AT5555 to CB switchover_a.pdf
    355.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Mudfoot
Another question...

Does the Anytone 5555 have an actual version 6.0 firmware board, or is the latest board firmware version 5.0 with 6.0 being the latest software release.

IAW, is there a true version 6 radio released that uses the 6.0 software?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.