• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is how last week ended for me!!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Driving home from work last Friday,lost focus for a sec and didn't allow enough space to stop safely and rear-ended another car, fortunately no one was injured and I just got a warning from the Police , dropped the car off at the dealership yesterday,I'm guessing that it'll take a month to fix,thank goodness for insurance and deductible,etc. On another note,I'm still waiting for my CPAP Machine to be delivered and have been told it'll be another 3 weeks due to Supply and demand,etc......My Vacation with my Dad to the Antietam Battlefield in Maryland in July is looking better and better each day, Can't Wait.............................

Attachments

• IMG_20230331_171740_01.jpg
    IMG_20230331_171740_01.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230331_171740_02.jpg
    IMG_20230331_171740_02.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
  • Wow
Reactions: Eldorado828

Thank you for all thoughts, well here's a update,the insurance company decided to total my car instead of repairing it as there was $11,000 worth of damages,so I'm getting my loan paid off+ Money back and next week I start shopping for a newer used car, hope all of my Friends have a wonderful and Blessed Happy Easter!!

Reactions: codeman
I have been a Vette man all my life, currently have a '75 but I find the C8 the worst looking model ever. It's a Ferrari not a Vette!
I like the 75 corvette style for sure. However I do find the new c8 to be sharp.
It is way out of my price range. I hope to get my old 64 chevy ii back on the road. Again. I had it going but ran into rear axle problems.

No,I like having a SUV and 4wd,but the vettes are nice looking!!
About three years ago I wanted a second vehicle just in case my 2004 Ram needed shop time. I got a 2011 Volvo xc60 t6.
I like the car pretty well. It's AWD and has a turbo 6 cylinder. For a grocery getter it will get and go.

Good luck car shopping.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Oh wow!! Just saw this post. I'm glad you were able to walk away from that mess, Steve.
I totaled a car in San Antonio last year. 11 car pile up, 75 mph on I-10. Thankfully I walked away, although a bit slow. AND, I was in a rental.
I hope you find a replacement soon!
But most importantly, you're ok.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Oh wow!! Just saw this post. I'm glad you were able to walk away from that mess, Steve.
I totaled a car in San Antonio last year. 11 car pile up, 75 mph on I-10. Thankfully I walked away, although a bit slow. AND, I was in a rental.
I hope you find a replacement soon!
But most importantly, you're ok.
Glad to hear that you made it out okay of that mess,I'm okay ,no injuries Thank God, I was able to find a newer car, a 2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT, with only 44,000 miles on it and the payments are the same as I had before and i just picked it up yesterday,it has a 1.5 4cylinder turbo engine 175 HP and AWD, just slightly a little bit bigger than the Trax!!

73's

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_090920648_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230409_090920648_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!