• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on 11 meter Isotron antenna.

https://www.k1cra.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ISOT11
Looks like a lot of money for what u get.
I guess the question is how do they perform?
From the picture it looks like it is set up for DX in the horizontal position.
Could simply mounting it opposite the picture set it up for local talking in the vertical position?
Very stealthy antenna to say the least.
Anything shorter then full sized is a compromise so take that in consideration. I have never used on but I have heard that they don't perform well but that being said they have been in business for a while.

Reactions: eric chilton
I read a review for that antenna where the guy said he put a dummy load at the same height and it worked just as well, and sometimes better...

If your limited to a very restrictive space, then go ahead and use it. But if you have room for a larger antenna, any larger antenna, it will work better for you...

The DB

Take a close look at this thing, it's a tuned circuit, literally. They are very limited in frequency usage, no 'bandwidth' at all. They require some very 'picky' tuning to even get them into the ball-park, don't count on anything resembling performance. Had one a lot of years ago, glad I won't ever again.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
Take a close look at this thing, it's a tuned circuit, literally. They are very limited in frequency usage, no 'bandwidth' at all. They require some very 'picky' tuning to even get them into the ball-park, don't count on anything resembling performance. Had one a lot of years ago, glad I won't ever again.
- 'Doc

Wonder how bad a bird landing on it will detune it. Maybe 50 KHz for a sparrow, 100 Khz for a Blue Jay, a full MHz for a hawk and a new purchase for an eagle? :laugh:

Reactions: jazzsinger
For additional information see Eham reviews: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/311.

Some say it works, others have comments on tuning. The 11 Meter unit many cover the 40 channels OK without a tuner, however the signal would be no better or worse than a 1/2 wave dipole. Reading some of the comments, it appears that the coax is used as part of the antenna.

For additional information see Eham reviews: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/311.

Some say it works, others have comments on tuning. The 11 Meter unit many cover the 40 channels OK without a tuner, however the signal would be no better or worse than a 1/2 wave dipole. Reading some of the comments, it appears that the coax is used as part of the antenna.

Well something has to radiate. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
Not being able to put up a antenna I wanted to see if the Isotron would outperform
my homebrew dipole in the attic of my 1 floor home? Yesterday on 6w I worked Canada and many of the states on the east and west coast. Think i'll stay with my
wire in the attic!

... I wanted to see if the Isotron would outperform my homebrew dipole .... Think i'll stay with my
wire in the attic!
here is the NEW and IMPROVED Isotron

th

Reactions: wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.