• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on this antenna.

I think that antenna goes against every principle I've read about having an antenna work properly. No ground radials, no tuner, no traps, baluns, or coils, and it does 160 meters through 2 meters with 23 feet of vertical antenna? I'm saying "snake oil", and please keep your 500 hard earned dollars for something else.

Brett

I wonder just what is inside that box. It could be a big 50 ohm resistor or an auto tuner powered by sampling the RF. Any antenna can be made to radiate over that range however how good it does so is another matter especially a ground mounted antenna with no radials.

BTW these are made by KA6DIV in Lexington Park, Maryland,

http://www.qrz.com/db/KA6DIV

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder just what is inside that box. It could be a big 50 ohm resistor or an auto tuner powered by sampling the RF. Any antenna can be made to radiate over that range however how good it does so is another matter especially a ground mounted antenna with no radials.

BTW these are made by KA6DIV in Lexington Park, Maryland,

http://www.qrz.com/db/KA6DIV

Would be nice to know what is inside the box so one could attempt to build it and and save the $$$.

Thoughts on this Antenna

Hello Everyone and thank you for looking and commenting on My Antenna! I do have another one listed on ebay today for those interested. Sorry the only feedback is what is on ebay itself. Yes I am the Designer, and Builder of this very controversial antenna. Cast all the stones you like at it and me as all I can say is I have been perfecting this beast for 2 years and It works awesome. I had doubts about it myself into how and why it works. Its a closed loop system with a lump circuit. The ground return is internal and has a complete voltage and current path to its source (the Transceiver). It works on Kirchoff's 1st Law. The entire vertical radiator is in FULL use. I have compared it to a Name brand 80m-6M Balun type antenna and my antenna proved to be 15db better on transmit and receive. Enough said. I have over 52 satisfied customers and many return customers for additional upgrades they wanted. So, instead of speculating because it does not match the 1800's physics book theories, try one for your selves. Try 2014 thinking outside the box for once instead of asking what is inside the box. My antennas are fully guaranteed. Thank you for your interest in my product!

Carl
PS, no snake oil is involved, rather, I like to use the more expensive whale oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So basically you're saying that your antenna does work and that you have happy customers. Good for you, and good for them. But 15 dB better that some other antenna? I can believe that too. But just exactly what other antenna is it '15 dB' better than, and what kind'a 'dB's are those? You can call proven characteristics 'in the box', or old fashioned if you want, but those proven characteristics do make things better, are more efficient. Hey, them old fashioned thingys do work, work well, and sorry, Your 'out of the box' 'new style' invention only 'works'. I'm happy it has a low SWR from day light to dark, but that's an almost meaningless claim. First you have to understand how important SWR is, or isn't.
Hope you sell a thousand of them, happy trails...
- 'Doc

Reactions: 3 people
ALL antennas work on kirchhoff's first law,

you tell us that vswr will vary with coax length so we should cut coax to 1/4wave multiples for the band of interest, is that even or odd multiples?,

thanks.

Thank you Doc for your analyses. And let me quote you:
“So basically you're saying that your antenna does work and that you have happy customers. Good for you, and good for them. But 15 dB better that some other antenna? I can believe that too. But just exactly what other antenna is it '15 dB' better than, and what kind ‘a 'dB's are those? You can call proven characteristics 'in the box', or old fashioned if you want, but those proven characteristics do make things better, are more efficient. Hey, them old fashioned thingys do work, work well, and sorry, Your 'out of the box' 'new style' invention only 'works'. I'm happy it has a low SWR from day light to dark, but that's an almost meaningless claim. First you have to understand how important SWR is, or isn't.
Hope you sell a thousand of them, happy trails...
- 'Doc
So Doc, This is off the cuff as I do not have a lot of time to hang out on the blog as I have orders to fill and ship.

The 15 dB came from a guy 3.5 miles away using a QRP station. I do not know how his radio’s meter is calibrated thou his “S” meter gave me a report that the antenna I build and sell was a solid 5 S units stronger than the un-disclosed production Balun designed antenna I used to compare it with. I was on 10M using the same radio, same power. Same type and length of coaxial cable. Antennas are mounted the same height above ground about 45 feet apart and I switched between the two antennas. Band condition was Rock solid. So 5 S units = 3db per S unit = 15db. That was a quick check so it is disputable. More testing is required to make a claim, good catch.
As far as 1800 theory goes, that is good stuff and YES it works and gives the Basis for all future designs. Old fashioned is proven and Like the 1900”s Ford model cars they work and are very enjoyable to own and operate! But todays cars are by far better equipped and are better on mileage, can go faster, much more comfortable, etc…etc…
So thank you for your good wishes and I hope to talk to you again.

Like I have stated in my add, This may not out perform a perfectly tuned ½ wave or ¼ wave antenna built for a mono band (1 band) antenna with a perfect ground radial system. You cannot dispute old perfect theory of the 1800’s. What I do offer is a compromise, all Band, Broad band, Small foot print antenna. That will radiate on the bands as stated with very good results. No Tuner, no Balun. Just a simple RAW radiating vertical element antenna. It will have a good SWR match to your transceiver and handle full legal limit of RF power. This is for someone who wants to get on the AIR with one simple antenna that works all bands. I do not and will not claim it is the best or better than any other product out there. But I will say it is the simplest antenna you could ever have to keep you active on the entire spectrum between 160 Meters through 6 Meters.

Carl

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.