• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time for a new channel display

space cowboy

Quack Quack
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
36...37...36...35?
dead segment.
so what I'm wondering is if they make an RGB display. I replaced the meter lights with RGB LED's, can I do the same with the channel display? I know there's red, OR blue, OR green, but I want them all when I want them without swapping them out.
doable or am I just dreaming?

36...37...36...35?
dead segment.
so what I'm wondering is if they make an RGB display. I replaced the meter lights with RGB LED's, can I do the same with the channel display? I know there's red, OR blue, OR green, but I want them all when I want them without swapping them out.
doable or am I just dreaming?
I don't know exactly what you're looking for but you could look here. Lots of displays, LED's etc..
Look under Shop LEDs

https://www.adafruit.com/

If you want to go totally nuts, try a 0.96 inch RGB OLED display. Fonts, colors, whatever you can think up. One will almost fit the channel display window the old LED's came out of.

Of course, you'll need a pic or arduino to drive it, and you'll have to write all the code yourself to get anything to display. Then there's modifying the radio to accept it, 'cause the fit's not perfect...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.