• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tips for passing General and Technician tests

Here is what I also found,

The math was so difficult for me, I let it get the best of me and failed the extra the first time.

After taking the test, I realized that the test will only have 2-3 of the advanced math questions.

Study the heck out of everything else.

Forget about the math.

If you do well enough on everything else, the few math questions they have are just throw aways.

Definitely make an "educated" guess on the math though.

In other words, if you get every math question wrong on the test but do well on the rest, you will be golden.

;)
The best advice for passing a test (any test) is to study. Not just the answers, but how you get those answers. Simple idea, not so simple/easy in practice, right?
- 'Doc

(Ask me how I know that!)

studying for the Extra

I passed the tech and general about a year ago at one sitting. I studied for sometime hoping to ace both tests, using both online sites and the ARRL workbooks. I ended up missing one on the general and realized what a waste all the study time was when I could have been on the air weeks sooner. One advantage of having the workbook for the general test is to review the test questions by sections. You will discover some of the questions all have the same answer except one, example power limitation on the bands.
For the extra I am using a great free site that you can filter and work on specific sections one at a time.

HamExam.org

This site will prepare anyone to pass the exams with some dedicated usage.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.