• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

top gun products

pat

Mar 20, 2006
hi. i have a galaxy 959 thinking about adding these products to my radio. the cp1 compressor, and mp1 modulator. both products offered by top gun tech. any input would be helpful. would it be worth doing the mod.

If you want to try a Top Gun equipped radio then just buy a new Magnum radio. I would not waste money having it installed in a regular c.b. set. There are alot of people that had the SP-1A processor installed and ended up with real talking radio's. Whatever you decide have Bob's c.b. install it, they developed it and seem to be the only ones that get it right all the time.

hi again. was thinking of installing it myself. or is it to complicated? willing to give it a try.

I had the Top Guns boards installed in my Galaxy 73 and I think it made quite a diffrence. Everyone that I talk to before and after the installation said it sounds alot louder. I had Bob do mine since he is the man behind the Top Gun boards.

top gun

Sent 4 radios to Bob Cb radios to Bob to have them modded and top gun done..They are all fabulous,...Any one else have no clue at all how to do it...Waste you $$ and do it, or have someone elses do it..Then they say it is is crap...Bob charges aboyt 65.00 for part and install....Well worth it

Peace Yota

The compressor is a good item, but I don't care for the modulators.

Back when the "top Gun" was first included in the Magnum radios, I put one on the bench and looked over the o-scope signal with the TG on and off. When on, all it seems to do is jack the carrier portion of the signal way up for the period that modulation is happening, then allow it to drop back out as soon as modulation ceases. I haven't had a chance to look at the signals closely on a spectrum analyzer yet, so I can't comment on whether any actual sideband increase is happening.

Butcher318 said:
Does the SP-1A just have an on and off switch or is it a variable type control?

Butcher318,
The way I had my 2950DX set up. I used the SWR Button on the radio to turn the SP-1A ON and OFF.. Really and Neat set up..
Tom

Bob's Cb Radio does excellent work but before you send your radio ask what's the turn around time. I sent him a radio and he had a lot of radios to work on and mine took about 3 months. Does really good work like they said...

DCowboys wrote:
Bob's Cb Radio does excellent work but before you send your radio ask what's the turn around time. I sent him a radio and he had a lot of radios to work on and mine took about 3 months. Does really good work like they said...

3 MONTHS !!! THE HELL YOU SAY !!! 200 DOLLARS AN HOUR FOR A MAGNUM ON STERIODS !!! THE HELL YOU SAY !!! ..........IM NOT IMPRESSED..........HAS IT COME DOWN TO ROCKET SCIENCE YET ?

Switch Kit said:
DCowboys wrote:

3 MONTHS !!! THE HELL YOU SAY !!! 200 DOLLARS AN HOUR FOR A MAGNUM ON STERIODS !!! THE HELL YOU SAY !!! ..........IM NOT IMPRESSED..........HAS IT COME DOWN TO ROCKET SCIENCE YET ?

It's no lie. Good tech but will never send another radio...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.